Sign in to follow this  
MatzeH84

2D panels black / inactive on 2nd screen

Hi!I just bought a new PC. I'm using the GTX580, feeding 2 monitors. A 3rd USB-only touchmonitor is here to pick up the CDU 2D panel. I set the whole system up, clean install of Win7 64, FSX and the whole bunch of addons. All drivers are updated. Windows updates done. FSX with Acc, running in windowed mode as admin.So when I try to undock a 2D panel (CDU in this case) and move it over to my 2nd or 3rd monitor, the panel "freezes". Whatever you do, it won't change it's state, in case of the FMC for example, it won't switch sites or show up values you enter. BUT the clickpoints remain active. You hear the audio feedback when you press a button. Let's say I entered 1,2,3. When I move the panel now back to the 1st monitor, it refreshed and shows now 1,2,3 in the scratchpad. When I try so resize the window the whole window gets black.What gives me pain in the &@($* is that it worked perfectly yesterday- undocked the CDU 2D window, moved it to the touchmonitor and had a very nice flight. Today it just won't work, and I can't think of anything I could have changed. I used the 175.xx NVidia driver, as the 180.36 crashes with the USB monitor pluged in. I now switched to the latest 185 beta driver, which works again with the screen, but no change with the panels. I tried different driver configs, FSX options, it just won't work.I remember havin the same thing some time ago with my old PC, but I can't remember how I fixed it- it just worked some day.Has anyone a solution for this issue or even a clue what could the panels cause not to update?Regards..Matthias Hanel

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

I too am having this problem. When I undock the FMC and move it to the 2nd screen, it goes black. This does not happen with other add-on aircraft I have installed. I am running the latest version of the NGX. This has been a problem for me since the release, and through all SP's. -m@

If you are running two monitors from the same video card then you must run FSX in windowed mode.

Steve Wagner

Some people have fixed this by changing the physx setting in nvidia control panel.

HII run two video cards and four monitors in full screen with no problem. I have had that problem be fore and it was due to resolution when monitor is changed from Horz view to vertical view, anyway that was my problem may not be the same as your.percy

Here is what works for me with a second monitor:1. Make sure you're on one monitor only to start. Your primary one.2. Start fsx3. After fsx loads and your at your departing airport go to windowed mode.4. Start your second monitor.5. After the second monitor is up go to full screen on fsx.You should now be in full screen mode on both. The only glitch is that if you have to do any adjustments on the second monitor you will have to go to windowed mode. I'm using electronic flight bag on a second full screen. I use the key bindings to send commands to EFB and doing it that way I can stay in full screen on both.Anyway, just one idea.CaptMac

I don`t know how many times I`ve tried to resolve this annoying problem. Believe me I`ve tried all kind of your suggestions and it`s impossible. I will follow with it. But, for now I`ve seen the FSX Booster2013 (of Flight Simulator Platform Solutions) resolves the problem. At least for me. Perhaps there is the solution; to find out what kind of parameters adjust. I`m almost convinced that`s something with the graphic card. I`m using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti with 2 Gb.

Greetings...