Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

Yoke movement being laggy, even with high frame rates

Hello,SInce the release of the NGX, I've always noticed when I'm flying manually, when moving the yoke, is always moving a little laggy, low frame rate. (No, no micro stutters, just low frame rate). Even when I'm getting 30+ fps, it's still very laggy. Any one else noticing this too? It's not that much of problem, but just annoys me a little. The MD-11 had exactly the same, but on the 747X, it was perfectly fine. Why is this?

Do you mean the plane is slow responding to yoke input?

Do you mean the plane is slow responding to yoke input?
No it's responding perfectly to my inputs. It's just when you look at the yoke when moving it, there's low frame rate in the yoke.

I think the problem is it's a custom coded animation by PMDG, although I'd assume it was coded many moons ago when having a moving yoke in the VC was to be considered an extra feature. The code probably only utilized a few frames (say 30 or so) of animation in Gmax/3dsmax thus no matter how high your FPS is, the yoke is only moving at 8FPS. The strange thing is I was under the impression that all animations exported via an FS10 exporter would automatically be 60FPS. Although that may only apply to default animations, not custom ones.

Jordi Blumberg

I think the problem is it's a custom coded animation by PMDG, although I'd assume it was coded many moons ago when having a moving yoke in the VC was to be considered an extra feature. The code probably only utilized a few frames (say 30 or so) of animation in Gmax/3dsmax thus no matter how high your FPS is, the yoke is only moving at 8FPS. The strange thing is I was under the impression that all animations exported via an FS10 exporter would automatically be 60FPS. Although that may only apply to default animations, not custom ones.
But how can the 747X's yoke movement be so smoothly then?

But how can the 747X's yoke movement be so smoothly then?
No idea, I guess they used the default animation, or the code was written for the MD-11.

Jordi Blumberg

No it's responding perfectly to my inputs. It's just when you look at the yoke when moving it, there's low frame rate in the yoke.
Oh ok. I thought you meant the plane was slow to start turning. I've no idea why the yoke animation looks choppy.

An NVIDIA 320GTS is compariable to an 8800GTS. While the rest of your system is top notch your Video Card is hanging around down near the minimum specs. While FSX is CPU dependant and accounts for around 75 percent of your frame rates the video card accounts for the other 25 percent from what I read. So your best off upgrading that video card asap and you will probably notice a big difference immediately.A GTX560TI would be great with your system, or even a GTX570 if you can afford the extra $100.00

An NVIDIA 320GTS is compariable to an 8800GTS. While the rest of your system is top notch your Video Card is hanging around down near the minimum specs. While FSX is CPU dependant and accounts for around 75 percent of your frame rates the video card accounts for the other 25 percent from what I read. So your best off upgrading that video card asap and you will probably notice a big difference immediately.
Show me the money? Haha, no I'm gonna be upgrading soon though. I want the EVGA GTX580 1.5GB. Just need another 200 euros, and as a 16 year old, I'm not rich! But remember, you can always donate whenever you want!

Show me the money? Haha, no I'm gonna be upgrading soon though. I want the EVGA GTX580 1.5GB. Just need another 200 euros, and as a 16 year old, I'm not rich! But remember, you can always donate whenever you want!
Have you considered the gtx560ti? It costs a lot less & I doubt the difference between the two in FSX would be very noticeable.

Have you considered the gtx560ti? It costs a lot less & I doubt the difference between the two in FSX would be very noticeable.
Yes I have, but as a simmer, I want the best of the best. And the difference is certainly noticable. With the GTX 580 you certainly get about 20% more fps. I know that because I have seen some benchmark results with these two cards. And the difference was around 20%.

Yes I have, but as a simmer, I want the best of the best. And the difference is certainly noticable. With the GTX 580 you certainly get about 20% more fps. I know that because I have seen some benchmark results with these two cards. And the difference was around 20%.
Using fsx as the benchmark?

I'm willing to bet there was no FSX Benchmark cause there is no way there is a 20 percent difference unless your talking about 3D-Shooters. That I can believe, because they use the CPU and GPU to full advantage while FSX does not.The cost of a GTX580 over a 560TI is around $250.00. On top of that the only reason I have not upgraded yet is the New NVDIA 600 series will be out begining of next year and will run much cooler because of the die shrink and will run twice as fast. Since you do not even have the full amount for the GTX580 yet your better off waiting on the GTX 600 series.When Ivy Bridge and GTX600 series come out all these Sandy Bridge/GTX580 systems will no longer be king of the pack. Better to wait I think, if you drop $500.00 on a 580 around Christmas and then the 600 series comes out in January or February your going to be kicking yourself.