Sign in to follow this  
trsanchez

GTX 580 / UsePools 0 smooth experience but artifacts

Hi, my problem is that I receive artifacts and black vertical flashing stripes with usepools set to 0.I have the smoothest FSX with usepools 0, other usepool settings will give me stutters and not the smoothness, which I have with usepools set to 0.Also my clouds are flashing, when I am on the same altitude or flying through them.It is a really bad problem to see the stripes and artifacts and flashing clouds / scenery flashing all day long. Does anyone has hints to remove these graphical problems, but not to loose my smoothness in FSX?Thanks for everyone try to helping me out of this problem.Sincerely, Tom

Hi, my problem is that I receive artifacts and black vertical flashing stripes with usepools set to 0.I have the smoothest FSX with usepools 0, other usepool settings will give me stutters and not the smoothness, which I have with usepools set to 0.Also my clouds are flashing, when I am on the same altitude or flying through them.It is a really bad problem to see the stripes and artifacts and flashing clouds / scenery flashing all day long. Does anyone has hints to remove these graphical problems, but not to loose my smoothness in FSX?Thanks for everyone try to helping me out of this problem.Sincerely, Tom
Set water to High 2x.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Set water to High 2x.
Hi, water is already set to high 2x. No change. :-( Thanks

Hi, I too at the same issue. As trsanchez stated, setting the water to High worked for me. No more flashing textures or clouds. With a good CPU and Video Card the UsePools=0 works like a champ.Won't leave home without it!RegardsBob

Hi, water is already set to high 2x. No change. :-( Thanks
Then try a BP=30000[bUFFERPOOLS]RejectThreshold=126976

Then try a BP=30000[bUFFERPOOLS]RejectThreshold=126976
Do you mean Poolsize 30000 ? Thx

DJose,Do you have any idea why setting the water to high2 solves this issue for most? Being my water was set to Mid2 previously and now high2, defies all logic. High2 of course is a higher setting requiring another pass. FSX has so many anomilies.It worked for me and I have absolutely no issues whatsoever.Bob

Tom, the vertical spikes/artifacts and the flashing clouds are indicating that your GPU (yes, the GTX580) is driven to its limits by mainly the autogen combined with high antialiasing settings and the BP=0 tweak. Just check the GPU load when you get the spikes to confirm this.If you do not want to sacrifice the smoothness of the BP=0 setting then you have to lower your autogen or your antialiasing settings (NV inspector).With my rig (560Ti) I use the following in the fsx.cfg:[bUFFERPOOLS]UsePools=0[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=6.500000AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3WATER_EFFECTS=6TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2400TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=800[Main]FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1and in NVinspector:antialiasing: 8xStrans. multisampling: enabledtrans. supersampling: off / multisamplingto avoid spikes and flashing clouds in dense PNW and Tongass Fjords sceneries.Nikos

Tom, the vertical spikes/artifacts and the flashing clouds are indicating that your GPU (yes, the GTX580) is driven to its limits by mainly the autogen combined with high antialiasing settings and the BP=0 tweak. Just check the GPU load when you get the spikes to confirm this.If you do not want to sacrifice the smoothness of the BP=0 setting then you have to lower your autogen or your antialiasing settings (NV inspector).With my rig (560Ti) I use the following in the fsx.cfg:[bUFFERPOOLS]UsePools=0[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=6.500000AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3WATER_EFFECTS=6TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2400TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=800[Main]FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1and in NVinspector:antialiasing: 8xStrans. multisampling: enabledtrans. supersampling: off / multisamplingto avoid spikes and flashing clouds in dense PNW and Tongass Fjords sceneries.Nikos
Ok Nikos, thanks for your suggestion, I gonna try it and response as soon as possible if it will work. un saludo

Do you mean Poolsize 30000 ? Thx
YES! That video tells me that the water might not be one notch to the left of full right. Just double check, please.What are your current Inspector settings?

YES!What are your current Inspector settings?
I didn't use nvidia inspector yet, shall I use it? I only use the standard setting program that comes with the driver.
I didn't use nvidia inspector yet, shall I use it? I only use the standard setting program that comes with the driver.
Where can I find the optimal nvidia settings for my GTX 580? ( nvidia inspector )?

Tom,Start here:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

Do you have any idea why setting the water to high2 solves this issue for most? Being my water was set to Mid2 previously and now high2, defies all logic. High2 of course is a higher setting requiring another pass. FSX has so many anomilies.It worked for me and I have absolutely no issues whatsoever.Bob
You'll need to dig deep, Bob; this took me a while, and I do remember the post, Bojote gave the explanation, but I've forgotten the exact reason:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/283701-bojotes-shader-30-mod-for-fsx/page__st__150Set water =High 2.x@Nikos - Your FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION is set too low - this is a known cause of blurry scenery . Suggestion - try moving it up to .17. You will still enhance the smoothness.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi, I too at the same issue. As trsanchez stated, setting the water to High worked for me. No more flashing textures or clouds. With a good CPU and Video Card the UsePools=0 works like a champ.Won't leave home without it!RegardsBobHi Bob, maybe you can help me, would you please post me your cfg file? Or send me an message with your cfg file, for comparison? That would be nice of you. un saludo, Tom