Sign in to follow this  
mrdfw

Saitek PRO Flight Yoke System vs X52 Saitek Joystick System

Wanting to move from X52 System to Yoke system, anyone made this transition. How does Saitek yoke system program and perform with NGX....

Ray Vlasek

I have the Saitek yoke and ruder system, and it performs just fine.All calibration done through the yoke and FSX not FSUIPC.Everything works as it should. Using the auto brakes is fine too,after landing,just apply the brakes and the auto brakes disengage just like they should,no "double tap" is needed.I also have the X52 system,and I now use the joystick on my left side as a "Tiller or Steering wheel" to steer the plane on the ground.Dennis

Dennis Elliott

I have the X52 Pro and thought about doing the same but have decided not to. It is easy and convient to move my controllers to the side during a flight and I can multi-task. With a yoke stuck to your desk this would be next to impossible.The other thing to consider is your going to have a lot less buttons on the yoke than you are on the X52 which is a joy.Example I have all the following assigned to my Throttle and Stick controls. Would never be able to do this with a yoke cause there are not enough buttons.ThrottleTrimAutoPilot DisconnectAuto Throttle DisconnectFlaps AxisSpoilers AxixSpoilers ArmStickView PanZoom ViewCycle ViewAutopilot EngageVNAV EngageLNAV EngageGo Around EngageLanding GearReversersParking Brake OnParking Brake OffAuto Brakes IncreaseAuto Brakes DecreaseActivesky XgaugeFSX Map ViewSo on takeoff and landing I hardly ever have to take my hands off the controls other than to change course heading, speed or the altimeter which is easy enough to do with the mouse. So it is rare that I ever have to use the keyboard for anything other than typing to ATC on VATSIM.

I did the transition when the NGX came out. best choice ever. However one word of warning I don't use the saitek software as it's shocking in my opinion, I just set it up using the FSX control settings. Also the yoke is so much nicer than the x52 it's much nicer plastic and feels like it could be from an aircarft.

I like my yokeI've never used the x52I hate my x65f

Wanting to move from X52 System to Yoke system, anyone made this transition. How does Saitek yoke system program and perform with NGX....
Yeah, but it's comparing apples to oranges...I like my Pro Flight Yoke, though. You must have rudder pedals.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I highly recommend to everyone not to get the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System. The elevator axis is sticky, the aileron axis is not so smooth and is a little squeeky sometimes (seems like it's badly lubricated), also my first one broke down after 6 months. Now the second one has just broken down (luckily got my money back because of warrenty), it seems this is caused by some sort of short-circuiting. Also the metal tube is placed to low on the yoke. The throttle quadrant is good though, and so are the rudder pedals, I do recommend the rudder pedals, I find them pretty good.So now I bought the Saitek Cessna Yoke, and I have to say it's way better. Much smoother, full 180 degrees of rotation. I'd say get that one.

I highly recommend to everyone not to get the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System. The elevator axis is sticky, the aileron axis is not so smooth and is a little squeeky sometimes (seems like it's badly lubricated), also my first one broke down after 6 months. Now the second one has just broken down (luckily got my money back because of warrenty), it seems this is caused by some sort of short-circuiting. Also the metal tube is placed to low on the yoke. The throttle quadrant is good though, and so are the rudder pedals, I do recommend the rudder pedals, I find them pretty good.So now I bought the Saitek Cessna Yoke, and I have to say it's way better. Much smoother, full 180 degrees of rotation. I'd say get that one.
The guide in my sig will stop the squeaking/sticking/violent recentering in the saitek pf yoke. I've never opened up their cessna yoke, so I dunno if it'd work with them or not.

My Saitek Yoke/Throttle and Rudder Pedals work great with the default Saitek configuration software, I highly recommend them.

... The other thing to consider is your going to have a lot less buttons on the yoke than you are on the X52 which is a joy.Example I have all the following assigned to my Throttle and Stick controls. Would never be able to do this with a yoke cause there are not enough buttons...
I don't understand this stated limitation, as I have roughly 60 commands programmed onto my Yoke/Quadrant,

Hi Ken,I was looking at your mod in your Sig, last week.I'm very tempted to try it out now since the warranty has surely run out by now :)Love the part about the shorts !

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I have bought a Saitek Yoke and Paddels a week ago. Up to now I haven't had any problems here. Works very fine!