Sign in to follow this  
MeneMene

VasFMC down?

Hi my friends,I am sorry to tell you that i will shutdown the VAS project completely within the next weeks. The reasons for that step are manifold. The main reason is, that my interest in flight simulation has gone quite some time ago.This also means, that the complete VAS website will be shut down ...
from former vasfmc forum

That's too bad- I was hoping there would be a patch so that their newest release, which looked amazing, would work.Oh, well, back to PSS.......

I am really sorry to hear that. VasFMC offered something special - Project Airbus planes wouldn't be the same without it. If the authors want to leave it still available to the community, they are always welcome to upload any files they wish to the library. It would be a big shame if VasFMC disappears completely.

As i am statet above. You can use the standalone always. It is a program and not use the inet. The only thing is that wont be any support nor any updates.I Flew the last week several times with it.

As i am statet above. You can use the standalone always. It is a program and not use the inet. The only thing is that wont be any support nor any updates.I Flew the last week several times with it.
Yes it works fine for me too, but with the vasFMC site gone, how will new users (who haven't got the vasFMC installed) get it?It will continue working just fine for those who have it already. I was saying it would be unfortunate if its unavailable from now on and just disappears like so many other FS things over the years.

Terrible news. Their Airbus FMC/Autopilot is an amazing piece of work, and just a minor tweak or two from being the reference standard. Hopefully somebody can carry on the work on this.sad.png

John G.

With Alex Wemmer's permission, I uploaded the simple, standalone version 1.1 to the AVSIM library today. This gauge will work with most aircraft in FS2004. I do not know about FSX. It works in FS2002 also. The Airbus gauge is already available in the library and elsewhere. I have the manuals too and if there is demand will upload also. Thank you Alex!John

Supporter.png

John

With Alex Wemmer's permission, I uploaded the simple, standalone version 1.1 to the AVSIM library today. This gauge will work with most aircraft in FS2004. I do not know about FSX. It works in FS2002 also. The Airbus gauge is already available in the library and elsewhere. I have the manuals too and if there is demand will upload also. Thank you Alex!John
Thanks for uploading it to the library! and thanks to Alex for giving his permission.

Hi Guys ,Would anyone have the newer version of VASFMC that could be uploaded to the avsim library Im running the old 2.0a9 version and wanted to upgrade the the newer option 2.10 , what a shame that VASFMC wont be around anymore its a great wee add-on !!!Cheersvery-short