Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Integration with RXP 430

If you own the Reality XP 430W, you may have noticed that the GPSkeeps sending warning messages to "Set the correct Course".The Aspen PDF automatically adjusts the course display for you,but it does not internally adjust the OBS knob. And, you cannotadjust it manually either...Here is the fix, if it bothers you enough:In the EFD1000_PDF.xml file add a little Update section(I put mine right after the Init section, at the beginning)

<Update id="Auto set OBS knob">  <Script> (L:CDISCase, number) 1 == if{  (A:NAV OBS:1, degrees) (>L:Selected OBS1, number)  (L:Selected OBS1, number) (A:GPS WP DESIRED TRACK, degrees) - 2 >= if{ (>K:VOR1_OBI_DEC) }  (A:GPS WP DESIRED TRACK, degrees) (L:Selected OBS1, number) - 2 >= if{ (>K:VOR1_OBI_INC) } }</Script></Update>

Bert

Doesn't the AutoCourse=On feature of the RXP take care of that, Bert? It does here, or am I mixing things up now? unsure.png

Maybe it does... in which case my fix is not requiredsad.pngEdited:OK, you are right! Thanks! Setting AutoCourse=On in the rxpgns.ini filesolves it - and is a much easier way to handle it...

Bert

I definetely need that fix, thanks Bert!Well...I'll have to recheck this at home but I'm pretty sure that the course gets set but I keep getting the message from the gns...?

Setting AutoCourse=On will keep the GNS messages from appearing.Carenado should add this setting to their RXP exe module.. smile.pngThe Aspen unit will independently show the desired course, regardless.

Bert