Sign in to follow this  
harmen_r

Question

Hi,Maybe this is a strange thing to ask, but, I gonna ask anyway: is it possible to use VOXatc without the voice recognision; can you use the program just like the default atc or RC4, with key assingments?Thanks,Harmen

Hi,Maybe this is a strange thing to ask, but, I gonna ask anyway: is it possible to use VOXatc without the voice recognision; can you use the program just like the default atc or RC4, with key assingments?Thanks,Harmen
Yes you can actually.VoxATC was cleverly made in that way if you repeat an ATC instruction twice, it will be automatically accepted just as if you had spoken the instruction.Now this can be done also by pressing the push-to-talk button twice. This actually gives you the freedom to either say nothing or say whatever you want. In addition you also have the menu commands at hand to guide you through the procedures.

Hi Henrik,Thanks for your reply.Ok, so the second time you answer - via keyboard - the atc, you hear a computer voice sending your message to the control tower, just like the default atc? Thanks in advance,Harmen.P.s. how is the PMDG J41?

Hi Henrik,Thanks for your reply.Ok, so the second time you answer - via keyboard - the atc, you hear a computer voice sending your message to the control tower, just like the default atc?Thanks in advance,Harmen.P.s. how is the PMDG J41?
If you use the keyboard to choose commands and the 'send' via PPT, then you will not hear anything, only if there is a reply from the controller. So its not quite like default ATC.The J41 is the best regional turboprop out there and a joy to operate. It should go hand in hand with the FS2Crew JS41 Button or Voice version for ultimate result.

This may be a strange question as well, but WHY would you want to use VOXATC without voice,its kinda the whole point ?? Do you know that you can activate your first officer to respond ifyou wish, right? I generally do that once at cruise. To each their own I guess...

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines