Sign in to follow this  
denver69

Max cargo comp weights and MTOW discrepency

I use Topcat and for the 800 it says I can load aprox 23000lbs per comp front and back. The FMS only lets me load aprox 10000 lbs in each. Also under limitations in the PMDG vol 1 it says the -800 has a MTOW of 155,500 and Topcat says 173,000. What is up with the discrep.Thanks

Maybe the TOPCAT data is wrong, rather than the PMDG data ;)

That is really weird cause I am flying it right now and it always lets me load up to 174,000 lbs anytime I want to. It all depends on the combination of pax and cargo loads but the max is 174,000.

I use Topcat and for the 800 it says I can load aprox 23000lbs per comp front and back. The FMS only lets me load aprox 10000 lbs in each. Also under limitations in the PMDG vol 1 it says the -800 has a MTOW of 155,500 and Topcat says 173,000. What is up with the discrep.Thanks
Which is correct 155500 (FCOMv1 Page 55) or 174700 (PMDG FMC pages)?Changing cargo and fuel in PMDG .. MTOW will stay at 174700 as it should.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Which is correct 155500 (FCOMv1 Page 55) or 174700 (PMDG FMC pages)?Changing cargo and fuel in PMDG .. MTOW will stay at 174700 as it should.
MTOW for the PMDGNG -800, ... is this ever a tough one!Anybody know which numbers are incorrect?

Best Regards,

I was following a post some time ago about a similar question. Unfortunately I do not find the link yet. However, I can tell what the basic outcome was.The MTOW is something that an airline would buy from Boeing, dependent on what the airline needs the plane for. If I remember right, the maximum MTOW that a -800 can have is 174700. PMDG modeled it like that to give the users the most flexibility in choosing their own Limitation.Hope that makes sense.

Rafael,Thanks."PMDG modeled it like that to give the users the most flexibility in choosing their own Limitation."Can the value in the PMDG's FMC be changed?

Best Regards,

Found the link (it's not the most beautiful post to follow, but nevertheless somehow informative):http://forum.avsim.net/topic/344537-weight-limitation-for-the-737-ngx-the-one-pmdg-used-to-simulate-the-aircraft/

Can the value in the PMDG's FMC be changed?
Can't help you with that question, sorry....

Rafael,Maybe the weights will be in the second training manual?

Best Regards,

Maybe the weights will be in the second training manual?
Sorry, I can't quite follow you there. You mean the FCom 2?The only weights I found in the material that came with the NGX are the ones stated above (FCOMv1 p55). So I guess it's really up to you which limitations to use. Do the actual limitations have an impact on the flight model? I don't know.

Check this out : http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airports/acaps/737sec2.pdfIn reality each airline may request different weights for their aircraft. In some cases weight configuration may differ even between the same type of aircraft in the same company (e.g. when some aircraft are purchased directly and other are leased).Does it impact the flight dynamics ? Yes : increased weight reduced performance.Why by default the maximum possible weight you may ask. Because this way we allow maximum room for pilots and VA's to form their own configuration.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

My question was specifically the max weights in the foreward and aft compartments being limited to about 10,000 pounds. It would seem like you could put more in there with an MTOW of 174,000 pounds and standard fuel tanks, not BBJ with aux. Topcat is supposed to be right on but I have not had a color font change with cargo load either however like you do with other weights. So maybe Topcat does not simulate max compartment weight. This is how I get my random load so I can do takeoff and landing data at the same time w/o having to task out of the sim.