Sign in to follow this  
masaki

Shade for FSX issue

Gentlemen,Those of you who bought Shade probably know how it works, at startup it inserts the modified sky textures in /textures folder while preserving the original ones by creating a temp directory in /textures. I found out that, probably my fault somehow not waiting for shade to cleanup on exit that I lost the original files. I did not like how Shade made the NGX cockpit look too dark so I decided not to use it. Not seing any improvement, I checked the timesamp on the files, all 140 sky*.bmp had an oct 2011 date and no backup to be found.. So i had to install fsx on a VM just to get the original textures back..The moral of the story, make sure you backup the files yourself..Stefan Ticusan

Stefan Ticusan

I am thinking about buying this, but I keep hearing about the darkness issue. I for one think that the light it actually too much in the NGX default, but I would like to see what SHADE does via screenshots of the VC. If anyone has any before or after shots of the cockpit I would appreciate it....thanks.

Stefan,From what I know shade does not modify your textures per se. When you start Shade_NL you must start FSX within 30 seconds or Shade will unload and there will not be any "coloring" to your textures.William,As far as I am concerned the NGX looks just fine in Shade, don't forget you can adjust panel lighting so there really isn't any issue IMO.

\Robert Hamlich/

I am not seeing this dark cockpit issue are you using enb series that will make it a lot darker, anyway shade is great.

Rich Sennett

Thank you.What I am really after is just making the night darker, anything else would bbe a plus, but I just think FsX is too bright at night. Like when i taxi, I really dont even need my lights is seems, and I know that this is totally false and it is much much darker, even at brightly lit airports.

I Like shade, but i dó not Like hos the shaddows on the NGX look, it looks pixelated...

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I like it a lot; it does make the Vc a bit darker, but I switch on a light and tadaaa: problem solved!Shade comes in best in dusk/dawn in my opinion, just beautiful.

After reading a few posts about this FSX - SHADE last week i went ahead and brought it. It's very good and certainly makes FSX look more atmospheric

From memory, Shade has a button to backup the default FSX textures (as described in the installation instructions) before starting FSX with Shade. You can restore them from Shade as well.Shade does make the cockpit very slightly darker but I actually prefer it. On some other planes, I think the panel looks much better.I'm looking forward to a DX10 or 11 version of FS where the lighting will be more realistic. This early development vid of IL2: Cliffs of Dover demonstrates this nicely: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=VMFFQGryWhk

I doesn't change textures. It changes the TOD(Time of Day lighting)and "light colors" of the simulator. And yes, you can restore the default settings easily. Best Shade effect during dawn/dusk.

I read elsewhere that there are limitations (?) of Shade with REX.Can someone please elaborate this issue? Is it OK to use Shade and REX together?Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

I read elsewhere that there are limitations (?) of Shade with REX.Can someone please elaborate this issue? Is it OK to use Shade and REX together?Thanks
Yeah you can use it with REX

Anyone else notcie that when using the Shade it enhanced the shadows on the rex clouds i thought to start off with it was me but no it certainly does as ive tested it with & without..

The only issue I have with Shade so far is some VC lighting features are not operative during daytime - MCP and main panel. The panel backlighting and the flood works as it should. Not that I care much during my day flights but still...

Anyone else notcie that when using the Shade it enhanced the shadows on the rex clouds i thought to start off with it was me but no it certainly does as ive tested it with & without..
Yes it does. Really nice shadow effects.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931