Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

PMDG 737ngx Hotfix 4 is available

Got the newest Beta Hotfix 4 tonight (it was NOT included when I purchased the aircraft 2 days ago). I haven't determined if the 'no brakes' issue is fixed, but I am very happy with this aircraft.It is VERY much everything I hoped for in an add-on, and superior to iFly's plane. For example, the PMDG has pilots that actually move their heads and eyes during flight. THe iFly has a couple of crudely drawn peeps sitting in one position all the time - very unrealistic looking.When the spoilers go up, you can see incredible detail beneath them that is a joke on the iFly version. Looking at the plane from all angles in flight, the PMDG is vastly more detailed, and higher-resolution IMHO.The detail of the virtual cockpit in the PDMG airplane is mind boggling. Once I get IR and EZDOK I will be golden. I can't wait to film some new video with this airframe. Then the preflight setup on the PMDG is light years ahead of the iFLY in most ways. With iFly you must go through a complicated series of hoops prior to even selecting the plane in FSX. You have to load fuel and passengers with a seperate program that MUST be run before FSX starts, then you have to manually type in the data from that program into your FMC.PMDG uses the FMC itself to allow you to gas up and load passengers and fuel.It even calculates the CG for you and you can load all the pertinent data by clicking the empty keys on your FMC. CAKE!The engine sounds are far superior from front to back as well.Even the in-flight films are better! PMDG uses Redbox, iFly uses Netflix! OK, I'm kidding!I was scared to buy PMDG because of the rumours about frame rates, no problems whatsoever on my custom built PC though. It runs as well as the iFLY and looks about 20 times better. Did I mention the HUGS display? That's worth the price all by itself.WOW what a job PMDG did.I have a used iFly 737ng for sale... CHEAP!!

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Got the newest Beta Hotfix 4 tonight (it was NOT included when I purchased the aircraft 2 days ago). I haven't determined if the 'no brakes' issue is fixed, but I am very happy with this aircraft.It is VERY much everything I hoped for in an add-on, and superior to iFly's plane. For example, the PMDG has pilots that actually move their heads and eyes during flight. THe iFly has a couple of crudely drawn peeps sitting in one position all the time - very unrealistic looking.When the spoilers go up, you can see incredible detail beneath them that is a joke on the iFly version. Looking at the plane from all angles in flight, the PMDG is vastly more detailed, and higher-resolution IMHO.The detail of the virtual cockpit in the PDMG airplane is mind boggling. Once I get IR and EZDOK I will be golden. I can't wait to film some new video with this airframe.Then the preflight setup on the PMDG is light years ahead of the iFLY in most ways. With iFly you must go through a complicated series of hoops prior to even selecting the plane in FSX. You have to load fuel and passengers with a seperate program that MUST be run before FSX starts, then you have to manually type in the data from that program into your FMC.PMDG uses the FMC itself to allow you to gas up and load passengers and fuel.It even calculates the CG for you and you can load all the pertinent data by clicking the empty keys on your FMC. CAKE!The engine sounds are far superior from front to back as well.Even the in-flight films are better! PMDG uses Redbox, iFly uses Netflix! OK, I'm kidding!I was scared to buy PMDG because of the rumours about frame rates, no problems whatsoever on my custom built PC though. It runs as well as the iFLY and looks about 20 times better.Did I mention the HUGS display? That's worth the price all by itself.WOW what a job PMDG did.I have a used iFly 737ng for sale... CHEAP!!
...WOW man!!! Got a fee from PMDG?!?! How did you get the job? I'm interested too...Money%20Eyes.gif

Did you notice that at the Top Of Descent, the First Officer yawns and then looks out the window and smiles ??LOL.gifLOL.gif
Shocked.gif and the hostess serve coffee and drinks gratis and from you're printer comes out a winning lottery ticket with you're name on? AVE PMDG!!!LMAO.gifLMAO.gifLMAO.gif

Wayne H can you provide the link for the hotfix i cant seem to find it on pmdg site? pls

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Couldn't you have just said how good the NGX is instead of bagging out the competitor's product? Pretty poor form, and quite tactless as well. Yes, the PMDG setup routine is innovative, but remember the competitor's product follows the standard set prior to the NGX.

David Porrett

Couldn't you have just said how good the NGX is instead of bagging out the competitor's product? Pretty poor form, and quite tactless as well. Yes, the PMDG setup routine is innovative, but remember the competitor's product follows the standard set prior to the NGX.
David-Personal opinion and my own experiences led me to voice a subjective evaluation of the two products. I have to say this though, I'm stunned by the differences, all the way from initial installation to pre-flight, then in-flight and overall ownership including support.While my experiences may differ from someone else's - I first noticed a big difference when I saw the PDMG aircraft on YouTube. I couldn't believe the differences and nuances. Even with bad vision - it was night and day!Did I mention the heating wires in the cockpit glass and the PPG serial numbers as well? Oh, that's the PDMG airplane. Sorry.Have you looked upward at the iFly aircraft from beneath the plane when the gear is down? SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT? Fly both planes. Then accuse me of bagging. My question to you is "Paper or Plastic?" As they say in Latin:"Verum Vadum Paro Vos Solvo" - The Truth Shall Set You Free.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Guest dlrk
What's wrong with bagging on iFly? They're shady, and they've got those obnoxious Flight1 support guys. Besides PMDG and iFly are competitors. They shouldn't be friendly.

What's wrong with bagging on iFly? They're shady, and they've got those obnoxious Flight1 support guys. Besides PMDG and iFly are competitors. They shouldn't be friendly.
There are other forums where you can take this since this is frowned upon bagging other competitors in here

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

This topic may go,PMDG don't allow the knocking of competition, PMDG is the best out there, and remember they have been in the game years, unlike Ifly..So use of words more carefully would be better..

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I must admit i have not downloaded the latest hotfix as yet im still running 2922 i believe, I think ill just wait for the SP1 nothing seems wrong at present so..

Praising a product is fine. Doing it while criticising another dev team who haven't been in the game that long, is not. They're giving it a go, and doing a damn fine job. How about we let them?PMDG were beginners once, too.

Praising a product is fine. Doing it while criticising another dev team who haven't been in the game that long, is not. They're giving it a go, and doing a damn fine job. How about we let them?PMDG were beginners once, too.
That was very nicely said mate.

Chris Howard

The OP entitles a new thread with the name of 'Hotfix 4' available. Then goes on to slag IFLY, with his own choice of words, very juvenile IMO.Both Developers have provided a worthy sim of the 737NG and should be given all credit as we are all, benefitting by their genorosity. One product is just over half the price of the other, and therefore enables those of us who haven't got the income required to consider the other, and bang-for-buck is well worth it.The other company have provided a 'top of the range' production of the NG and that is how this thread should be left before the flamers awake and reduce it too a lockable thread.

Dave Taylor gb.png

+1

David-Personal opinion and my own experiences led me to voice a subjective evaluation of the two products. I have to say this though, I'm stunned by the differences, all the way from initial installation to pre-flight, then in-flight and overall ownership including support.While my experiences may differ from someone else's - I first noticed a big difference when I saw the PDMG aircraft on YouTube. I couldn't believe the differences and nuances. Even with bad vision - it was night and day!Did I mention the heating wires in the cockpit glass and the PPG serial numbers as well? Oh, that's the PDMG airplane. Sorry.Have you looked upward at the iFly aircraft from beneath the plane when the gear is down? SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT? Fly both planes. Then accuse me of bagging. My question to you is "Paper or Plastic?" As they say in Latin:"Verum Vadum Paro Vos Solvo" - The Truth Shall Set You Free.
Actually, I do fly both.I stand by my original comment: your "evaluation" was tactless, poor form and certainly won't endear yourself to most people here as they have more class than that.

David Porrett