Sign in to follow this  
wajahat.syed@uleth.ca

Shake on rotate

Don't know if you guys noticed....... every time on rotation there is a slight jerk (up/down movement) felt. is that the effect from the main landing gear leaving the ground? or am i using the wrong rotate technique

Don't know if you guys noticed....... every time on rotation there is a slight jerk felt. is that the effect from the main landing gear leaving the ground? or am i using the wrong rotate technique
Explain your rotate technique pls... Hypnotized.gif

Explain your rotate technique pls... Hypnotized.gif
Rotating to 5 degrees initially(2 to 3 degrees p/sec) then to 15 degrees after fully airborne.....But this happens just the very moment the plane gets airborne so im guessing its coming from the landing gear. I am always using flaps 5 though.

15 degrees is a good rotating, try using flaps on 15 not 5 on takeoff and after you lifted your wheels put the nose on 10 degrees and maintain a vertical speed at 1800 and a constant velocity of 250 at least you raised FL 10. From FL 10 to 25 I use 280 Kn. On higher altitude, the vertical speed depend from atmospheric condition too... can be from 1500 to 1800.... Higher altitude, less oxygen for engines so beware of N1...

are you using ezdok? i notice the same and i think it has to do with the head shaking affect settings of this addon. rotate initialy15 degrees is much to high for the 737-800 since i read the risk of tail strike is very high for this aircraft.tarik dosdogru

Initial attitude of 15 degrees is correct. If you smoothly rotate at 2-3 degrees per second you won't tailstrike. You are shooting for V2+20 for the initial climbout so 15 degrees will be about right give or take a few degrees. Ben

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

Gents-A gentle reminder that we require all posters to sign their name to their posts in this forum.Thank you!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com