Sign in to follow this  
michaelb15

Recomended joystick?

So i just made a ebay account becuase there is no store within 50 miles of where I live that has any in stock.So now on ebay, Ive come down to 2 or 3 choices.The one that I like the looks of the most, is the saitek x45, with the throttle body seperateand the saitek x52 also looks very nice, but seems very simular to the x45..then there is the microsoft sidewinder 2 joystickand Ive already had the logitec wingman 3d force feedback, which I did not like the way the force feedback felt, as it was really jerky, and not very smoothand then there is all those other ones that I have not mentioned.I am looking for a joystick that I can easily control the basic control surfaces of the aircraft, with rudder control.I would like force feedback, but only if it is smooth like butter, or none at all...So which should I look into getting?

My Joystick of choice is the Logitek Cyborg Evo Force. I have had it for a few years now, and it does the job perfectly, with its twist rudder, and costs very little...£25-£35).It does the same job as the extremely expensive Flight Yoke and Rudder Pedals!I like Joysticks....Its; "Point and Fly"!...Hug.gif ...!Force-feedback?...I always switch it off completely via the Sim Menu, as its not realistic as real life...and its very annoying!Paul....FS 2004...FS Nav...G-BPLF...Big%20Grin.gif ...!http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saitek-Cyborg-EVO-Joystick-PC/dp/B0000AW9P1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319544211&sr=8-1

My Joystick of choice is the Logitek Cyborg Evo Force. I have had it for a few years now, and it does the job perfectly, with its twist rudder, and costs very little...£25-£35).It does the same job as the extremely expensive Flight Yoke and Rudder Pedals!I like Joysticks....Its; "Point and Fly"!...Hug.gif ...!Force-feedback?...I always switch it off completely via the Sim Menu, as its not realistic as real life...and its very annoying!Paul....FS 2004...FS Nav...G-BPLF...Big%20Grin.gif ...!http://www.amazon.co...19544211&sr=8-1
ok well thankyou I will look into that..BTW I just have to ask... are you the fozzer from SimV? you seem rather like him.. :D:D

ok well thankyou I will look into that..BTW I just have to ask... are you the fozzer from SimV? you seem rather like him.. :D:D
Hello Michael......the one and only....im%20Not%20Worthy.gif ...!Paul.....LOL.gif .....!

...there you go Michael...It doesn't have to cost the Earth to navigate your way around the skies...Angel.gif ...!Paul...Nerd.gif ...!
haha I never knew anyone with as much online personality as you have Drooling.gifbut thankyou for pointing those out..I was wondering about the saitek X45, and the x52 just because I could get them for cheap -- if im lucky.. (maybe $40)and from what they look like, they look great!Although the other ones there seem pretty cool.. like the thrustmaster..I really like the idea of having a big throttle handle that fits in your hand, and not a lil finger operated one..but it seems as though the X45 and x52 are the best because ya can move the throttle whereever you want it relitive to the stick.. whether your in a fighter, or a jumbo..But ill see how ebay turns outThanks guys! Big%20Grin.gif

My Joystick of choice is the Logitek Cyborg Evo Force. I have had it for a few years now, and it does the job perfectly, with its twist rudder, and costs very little...£25-£35).It does the same job as the extremely expensive Flight Yoke and Rudder Pedals!I like Joysticks....Its; "Point and Fly"!...Hug.gif ...!Force-feedback?...I always switch it off completely via the Sim Menu, as its not realistic as real life...and its very annoying!Paul....FS 2004...FS Nav...G-BPLF...Big%20Grin.gif ...!http://www.amazon.co...19544211&sr=8-1
I used the same for years till he broke up 2 months ago. Now flying with the F.L.Y. 5.

I got an X52 Pro. Its kinda plastic, but then again, all the other "toy" joysticks out there are plastic as well. You'd have to pay a lot to get a non plastic stick. It seems fairly accurate and it havent started spiking yet, even after 3 years of heavy usage. I would recommend it over any logitech (I have very bad experience with logitech ... the logi sticks i have owned have always started spiking really early)

I got an X52 Pro. Its kinda plastic, but then again, all the other "toy" joysticks out there are plastic as well. You'd have to pay a lot to get a non plastic stick. It seems fairly accurate and it havent started spiking yet, even after 3 years of heavy usage. I would recommend it over any logitech (I have very bad experience with logitech ... the logi sticks i have owned have always started spiking really early)
ok cool.. what about rudder controls? is it a twist grip? that is somthing I am very curious now that I have seen it.

Yeah, it has a twist grip rudder system. Its not very good, but its not worse than any other twisting grip rudder system I've tried either. You'd be better off with dedicated rudder pedals (obviously)

I've been through 3 or 4 of these cheapie logitech sticks, they weren't too bad up until the last one I bought, the Extreme 3D Pro. I've had 2 of these, the first was like butter and it stayed that way for well over a year before it started spiking and lost it's ability to center. The second one was junk right out of the box. The pots are not affixed properly to the stationary part of the "gimbal", they move, the stick will not center, never has, never will.Recently I thought I'd really splurge and buy a nice stick so I bought a Thrustmaster T.1600M for around $70 bucks. Great stick for about a week, I'm a better person for having experienced hand flying the Turbine Duke with this buttery smooth stick, but within a month it also lost it's ability to center and got twitchy. The handle got loose and floppy, and it had (yes, that's past tense) a stupid bright green light that illuminated whenever you touch the stick, very annoying even when the stick worked right, but when it stopped centering the light would stay on indefinitely. Another case of some bean counter passing off 10 cent pots on us I suppose. I'm ticked off about this one with the $70 stick and all, Thrustmaster can bite me.So... I'm in the market for a stick too. I don't want one of those monstrosities with the remote throttles (HOTAS, I guess it's called), I had a Saitek X45 or whatever it was once and I hated the big ole clunky thing on my desk, I sold it NIB at a local auction. CH flight stick would probably be OK quality-wise but it doesn't have a rudder. What I want is an exact duplicate of the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, only basically rebuildable, with precision CNC machined steel or aluminum, ball bearing supported gimbals, replaceable, high quality pots, and a base that can be filled with lead shot or something so I don't have to hold the damn thing down with one hand while I fly with the other. I'd pay $300 for this stick if someone would just make it. Seriously I would, maybe more if I knew it was the last stick I'd ever buy, does anyone know of someone who makes custom joysticks? It seems there should be some machinist types out there that are also into FS that have or could pull this off?Jim

Had the same but only for an short ammount of time. After I installed the drivers from the CD some axis didn´t respond anymore although they worked like a charm before. The stick I currently use does its work without a hitch. And I´m able to control left and right engine indeppendently.

Had the same but only for an short ammount of time. After I installed the drivers from the CD some axis didn´t respond anymore although they worked like a charm before. The stick I currently use does its work without a hitch. And I´m able to control left and right engine indeppendently.
which stick do you use now?

which stick do you use now?
I´m currently using the Saitek Cyborg X, or, as it´s called in the U.K., Saitek F.L.Y 5.