Sign in to follow this  
Bill Nye

Clean Re-install Add-on order

I plan on doing a clean reinstall of everything in the near future. I have multiple add-ons and wanted to run by everyone the order I plan on installing everything and see if anyone has a better idea. Here goes:FSXFSX AccelerationUltimate Terrain XFSdreamteam Airport Scenery (all Hawaii airports)Airport Enhancement ServicesUltimate Traffic 2Active Sky EvolutionPMDG 737 NGXRadar Contact 4Thanks guys. --Paul Ooton

Hi,The order will not matter with any of those.The only thing that does matter is the order in your scenery library. and then only UTX, the FSDT stuff and the AES stuff.AES highestFSDTUTX

ASE at the highest? I´ve been told by aerosoft the AES should be on top to avoid problems with the scenery.

Hi,Last time I checked highest means the same as at the top!! Remember now, we are looking at the Scenery Library screen in FSX, not the scenery.cfg file.

Hi,Last time I checked highest means the same as at the top!!
Hahaha, best reply I have read this week. Does lowest still mean the bottom? Hadnt checked that one in a while.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,Last time I checked highest means the same as at the top!! Remember now, we are looking at the Scenery Library screen in FSX, not the scenery.cfg file.
I know. I mean you said that Active Sky Evolution should be the highest and I know that Aerosoft adviced to have Airport Enhancement Services at the highest. You understand what I mean?

Why would Active Sky appear in the scenery config file? Whistle.gif

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Sorry All,I have edited that list. Out of habit I typed ASE and not AES, so now it is correct. No, ASE will not appear in the library.

Sorry All,I have edited that list. Out of habit I typed ASE and not AES, so now it is correct. No, ASE will not appear in the library.
All right. Everyone has its faults. smile.png