Sign in to follow this  
out

FSDT KLAX released!

FSDT did a darn nice job on this one - it's very nearly the equal of the FSX version
Thanks for your feedback. I am just going to test it.In the meantime I am a bit worried about these (not very advertising either, lol) quotes from Umberto:1. About double runway markings:
it's an FS9 limitation: it's not possible to exclude the default threshold arrows from the AFCAD, only FSX allows this, so for FSX we made our custom arrows, which are embedded in the detail texture so, it would look very bad if we just remove them from FS9, because that area would be blurred and in a different color
2. About FS9 performance:
it won't have "miracle" frame rates just because "it's for FS9", we would be happy if it would run at least like the FSX version, on the same system
I'll check both myself in a moment.I usually just buy sceneries I am interested in and fly there to enjoy my arrival, gradually discovering my new toy.This time, however, I will make an exception and test this addon.

Thanks for your feedback. I am just going to test it.In the meantime I am a bit worried about these (not very advertising either, lol) quotes from Umberto:1. About double runway markings:2. About FS9 performance:I'll check both myself in a moment.I usually just buy sceneries I am interested in and fly there to enjoy my arrival, gradually discovering my new toy.This time, however, I will make an exception and test this addon.
Frame rates are the same as the old Cloud9 on my system (i7 920 @3.2GHz, GTX260 Graphics, 6 GBytes RAM, Win7 x64 Pro); FSDT KORD is a bigger hit. The extra chevrons are there, but over the fence you probably aren't going to get too excited about them. In my mind this is such an improvement over the old KLAX that I would accept garden gnomes in the parking bays.DJ

Thanks for your feedback. I am just going to test it.In the meantime I am a bit worried about these (not very advertising either, lol) quotes from Umberto:1. About double runway markings:2. About FS9 performance:I'll check both myself in a moment.I usually just buy sceneries I am interested in and fly there to enjoy my arrival, gradually discovering my new toy.This time, however, I will make an exception and test this addon.
About the double runway markings. Las Vegas had double runway marking and they fixed it. I am sure LAX will be able to get fixed if it had double runway markings.

Frame rates are the same as the old Cloud9 on my system (i7 920 @3.2GHz, GTX260 Graphics, 6 GBytes RAM, Win7 x64 Pro); FSDT KORD is a bigger hit. The extra chevrons are there, but over the fence you probably aren't going to get too excited about them. In my mind this is such an improvement over the old KLAX that I would accept garden gnomes in the parking bays.DJ
I'm just curious which "old KLAX" you are referring to. Default? Cloud9? I'm almost certainly going to buy it anyway, but my only concern is that it be worth the extra money after already owning Cloud9 which I very much like.Thanks smile.pngIan

OK, here are my first impressions (on the trial version).Please do not take them too seriously, they are just the first impressions, no review or anything else.Nice:- as usually with FDST sceneries, the modelling and the textures are superb; pure pleasure for my eyes- FPS are really good, no more worries from me on them- it does look like a visual improvement over the Cloud9 version I was using for years awaiting a new FS9 LAXNot so nice:- the mentioned runway markings (saw them on 06R) are not only double but also are... flickering, which is hard for me to accept (I haven't installed any extra mesh yet)- for an unknown reason I can see little traffic, mostly Qantas, Delta and American - I've seen no Asian or European airlines; terminals are mostly empty (AFCAD problems?) - I'll check it for different hoursSo, overall, a positive impression.I'll hold on with the purchase though till I examine the two things I mentioned in the 'not so nice'.Others' feedback is welcome. smile.png

Gentlemen, here are some small screenshots from my tests.1. That's LAX the way I like it! smile.pnglax005.jpg2. And that cute care for details...lax004.jpg3. The only significantly occupied terminal (two Europeans appeared in the afternon)lax001.jpg4. The empty spaces...lax003.jpg5. The 06R runway texture problemslax006.jpg

Guest venustus01

Awesome!!Looks photoreal!I particularly like the "weathered" or aged look of the terminal textures.FSDT seem to be excellent in achieving this look.Their KJFK was great,apart from the runway textures.Thanks for sharing Rafal.Maybe they will release an updated afcad for the airport to fix the traffic issue

I'm just curious which "old KLAX" you are referring to. Default? Cloud9? I'm almost certainly going to buy it anyway, but my only concern is that it be worth the extra money after already owning Cloud9 which I very much like.Thanks smile.pngIan
Any previous KLAX looks antiquated compared to this - I used Cloud9 last, and while it was nice, it doesn't compare well to the new FSDT rendition. If you have seen the FSX version then you will have some idea of what to expect. I'm very pleased.DJ
Gentlemen, here are some small screenshots from my tests.1. That's LAX the way I like it! smile.pnglax005.jpg2. And that cute care for details...lax004.jpg3. The only significantly occupied terminal (two Europeans appeared in the afternon)lax001.jpg4. The empty spaces...lax003.jpg5. The 06R runway texture problemslax006.jpg
I think the "empty spaces" depends on how much, and what, AI that you have going - I had very few empty spaces and a horde of AA and United aircraft as well as a number of foreign flag carriers because I run a lot of airlines at 100%. I did not notice a lot of American regionals however.DJ

the "empty spaces" depends on how much, and what, AI that you have going
I have a vast amount of AI traffic, both WOAI and custom made sets, a few hundred all together.Other large hubs I use in FS9 are usually completely full. Sometimes it is hard to find any vacant stand to park.Of course there is no magic behind it. I am sure I will find a solution.A possible one may be though I do have all major US airlines installed, I did not take as much care of them as of European or Asian ones.The simple reason is Europe and Asia is where I fly 90% of my time.On the other hand, empty gates mean high FPS, so I shouldn't be complaining, should I? tongue.pngAnd once again: except for the unfortunate RWY06R markings, the scenery looks and performs gorgeous!Adding the $9 discount coupon I have from being an LSZH user, I am getting close to the purchase.

Doesn't anyone have an issue with it costing $40.00!!!! Mark

Doesn't anyone have an issue with it costing $40.00!!!!Mark
Not really, although I haven't decided whether to stay with my Cloud9 version or not, I look at it this way....if I wanted a new KLAX and somebody offered to do it for $40....to me, that would be a great bargin, considering even if I had the time & skills, it would take me at least a couple of years to get it done.