Hello!I have a question for you.Actually, i have an old Logitech Wingman Extreme, an excellent joystick, but it are old now ... It's time to renew it!!!Ok, can you recommend me what joystick to buy? Joystick or Yoke? I know for commercial yoke is more real, but sometimes i like to fly helicopters too ...I like the Logitech G940 Flight system ... It's a little expensive yes... Otherwise i like the Saitek Yoke system, but need to buy the pedals separate, and it's expensive too ... All is expensive in PC :)And the cheapest shops? I live in Spain ...Thanks you

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I have the Thrustmaster T16000M. Very cheap, but very precise! Actually it uses the same magnetic sensors (HALL) of the flagship Thrustmaster Warthog.

I use the Logitech G940 and all i can say is that i love it..

TM's HOTAS Warthog, expensive but worth every penny...Cuco

Cuco Negron

San Juan, PR

PATCO lives!!!

Air Traffic Controllers tell pilots where to go!

+1 for the Warthog. Best controller I've ever used - amazingly precise. Turned me into a helicopter pilot when nothing else couldThe precision is the result of the Hall sensors, so the T16000M is worth a look. I haven't tried it, though.I used the Logitech G940 for a year and really enjoyed it, but I give an edge to the Warthog.

but the g940 has the so called "reversal bug". i want to buy it, but the high price and then bugged hardware? and TM warthog is more a fighter stick. i don't know.......all the knobs and switches are a10 specific....but it might be never the less a good stick!

I like Warthog but it's very combat stick ...I think i will buy G940 ...

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I like Warthog but it's very combat stick ...I think i will buy G940 ...
I agree Jose, however, I have come to the conclusion that it is a very small price to pay for flying with a stick that IMO is simply the finest controller available anywhere!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I agree Jose, however, I have come to the conclusion that it is a very small price to pay for flying with a stick that IMO is simply the finest controller available anywhere!
Are you talking about Warthog?Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I have the CH Combat stick and CH Pro throttle. Maybe not so complex but extremely precise and durable.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Are you talking about Warthog?Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk
Sure, absolutely, when it comes to the crunch, IMO there is simply no other joystick that comes within 100 miles of the Warthog. It is unbelievably accurate and when you hold the kit for the first time you cannot have any other expression on your face other than a wide gaping grin! A beautiful tool crafted in alloy. As for yokes, that's a different ball game. If I had the money I'd get something like the Eclipse or VR insight, but that's a lot of dosh. But you know, what is awesome about the Warthog are the amount of switches and buttons that can be calibrated to functions, and I think I'm right in saying, far more than any other stick or yoke I know of. Also, I would much prefer to fly with the well made alloy Warthog than with a plastic yoke.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

This thread is really all about an important question. What controller to buy? I had a Logitech 2.4 Freedom stick for a long time. It flew beautifully, but I wanted more buttons. I finally bought a Saitek X52 Pro. Lots of buttons and a very smooth throttle. Their software was terrible, but one of their techs told me to forget the software and program it thru FSX. That worked pretty good. What was not pretty good was that the stick was virtually impossible to hand fly. The springs kept catching. I must have taken it apart 50 times making small changes each time. I finally thru it in the trash. I had given my Logitech Freedom to a neighbor kid, so I couldn't ask for it back. I bought a Logitech 3D stick which flies as smooth as silk. I've looked at the Logitech 940 as I love Logitech stuff. I just don't like the idea of having rudder peddles to mess with. After buying the $30 3D stick, I actually got an email coupon from Logitech offering a 50% discount on any Logitech product I would buy next. I was tempted, but don't want to pick my old feet up and put them on the peddles. I wish they would make the same thing with the old twist stick. I use the rudder so little, they just aren't worth it. Has anyone heard of Logitech maybe coming out with a variation of the 940 without the rudder peddles? Mike Nicholson