Sign in to follow this  
DannyR

Ability to Switch between two cockpit light settings

I would like to be able to switch between two cockpit light settings:Example:Aircraft.cfg file, Lights section:light.6=4, 5.0, 0.0, 1.8, fx_vclightlgiht.7=4, 5.0, 0.0, 1.8, fx_navredI have a plane that the stock vc lighting is too bright for night flight. If have changed the fx_vclight designation to fx_navred, which provides a nice red hue to the cockpit and allows better vision of the outside at night. However, i would like to be able to switch the "dome" light on, as it were, by switching to the fx-vclight setting, when setting on the ground.Any ideas how to configure this would be very welcome.Regards,

Danny

Danny, You could apply the light to a different, unused, lighting circuit then add a switch to control that circuit. The following are the available circuits.Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabinEX. ( as long as Cabin lights are not used )light.6=10, 5.0, 0.0, 1.8, fx_vclightlgiht.7=4, 5.0, 0.0, 1.8, fx_navredRoman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

And fix the spelling! ;)lgiht.7=4, 5.0, 0.0, 1.8, fx_navred

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

And fix the spelling! ;)lgiht.7=4, 5.0, 0.0, 1.8, fx_navred
Thanks for your "valueable" input......I am certain you have never, never, made a typo.Oh well......

Danny

Thanks for your "valueable" input......I am certain you have never, never, made a typo.Oh well......
Of course I've made typos before... LOL.gifHowever, considering that even my normally eagle-eyed friend Roman apparently missed noting it also, I was simply trying to be helpful.There's no call for you to take offense for goodness' sake! im Not Worthy.gif

Fr. Bill    

Of course I've made typos before... LOL.gifHowever, considering that even my normally eagle-eyed friend Roman apparently missed noting it also, I was simply trying to be helpful.There's no call for you to take offense for goodness' sake! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif
I am not upset or offended. The comment brought nothing of value to the discussion and was petty.

Danny

I am not upset or offended. The comment brought nothing of value to the discussion and was petty.
So, had you tried Roman's suggestion and it failed to work because of the uncorrected typo, your frustration would have been petty as well? Raised%20Eyebrow.gif

Fr. Bill    

So, had you tried Roman's suggestion and it failed to work because of the uncorrected typo, your frustration would have been petty as well? Raised%20Eyebrow.gif
This conversation is over, Have a good day.

Danny

Well congratulations! After over 8,251 posts, your's has been one of the strangest exchanges yet.PLONK!

Fr. Bill