Sign in to follow this  
Alec

Can I use PMDG 737NGX with Fsuipc calibrated controls?

Hey GuysMy parents just returned from the US with a ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog I asked them to bring. Most amazing Joystick I have ever tried, it's incredible, all Steel, this thing is made to last for life. The con is that I think it's impossible to configure it's axis to work correctly under FS without using Fsuipc. I have disabled the internal FS controller, using the Fsuipc calibration instead, which is much better.Does PMDG737NGX need the controller to be configured inside FSX, or can I use it with Fsuipc like I do with other aircrafts? The same question goes with the Throttle.Thanks

Alexis Mefano

Congrats on your new toy - hope you enjoy it (personally, I prefer a yoke with the big birds).Although I've seen posts suggesting as you state about only using FSX for the NGX, I have all my hardware setup and calibrated with FSUIPC. I have no issues at all this way.

Me too, no problem using the Warthog and FSUIPC...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

No problem with FSUIPC here too.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I think the only "problem" with FSUIPC settings is that you can't really use the "A/T override" option since FSUIPC will always intervene, no matter what you have checked. (at least that was the case for the original release and also Hotfixes 1 and 2; 3 and 4 I don't know). I hope this will be "fixed" in the future since i really would like the option with the little blue signs indicating where your hardware throttle is set at the moment...

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

I'm sure happy to read all your reponses! Thanks guys, it is an amazing Joystick, I know it's not the best with the big birds, but the same level of quality this joystick has can't be bought for less than a thousand dollars for a Yoke, and I'm not willing to go that far. Yet. Next on my list are pedals.Take care!

Alexis Mefano

I use my Warthog throttle and stick directly with FSX without any problems. I use FSUIPC to assign the button commands but all axis calibration is done through Windows 7. Works fine, no issues.

I think the only "problem" with FSUIPC settings is that you can't really use the "A/T override" option since FSUIPC will always intervene, no matter what you have checked. (at least that was the case for the original release and also Hotfixes 1 and 2; 3 and 4 I don't know). I hope this will be "fixed" in the future since i really would like the option with the little blue signs indicating where your hardware throttle is set at the moment...
The problem doesn't exist if you do NOT "process" the throttle axis in FSUIPC. You just need to assign them.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

The problem doesn't exist if you do NOT "process" the throttle axis in FSUIPC. You just need to assign them.
I was just about to write the same thing. I recently switched to set all axis except for the throttle in FSUIPC instead of inside FSX and to me this has been a MAJOR improvement! The "feel" is way better when hand flying and finally I got the toe brakes to work the way they are supposed to and I can now taxi almost at idle, that I could never before.

Richard Åsberg

Thanks, i didn't know that but i sure will try.

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Hi

It seams that the pmdg737ngx is working with fsuipc!? Can you confirm that, see bellow for my reason to ask:

I like to built a motorized throttle and yoke for the aircraft so i have to know if I can make all the program through fsuipc!

Can you also tell if there is supporting for the aircraft through: prosim737 or project magenta or if there is some software how work with this aircraft, like the way as pm or prosim737 do?

Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

I too use FSUIPC for all axis and buttons. Aileron, Elevator, and Rudder axis are "processed" to have a lower sensivity at small deviations.

Throttles aren't processed and work fine with A/T. However, brakes are also processed and seem to prevend autobrake from working correctly. I think I've even read this in the NGX manual.

Hi

It sound really good :) :)

What abot prosim737 etc. etc?

Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Hi

It sound really good :) :)

What abot prosim737 etc. etc?

Best Fredrik

No and don't see that happening.

Hi

I, for the physical screens (Outbound, Inbound and Engine), will use the 2D frame of the display!

Ex: You click at the Outbound display in the Vcockpit and get up the 2D diskplay of the VC display. I will use this 2D frame for the physical screens for my owm MIP!

Do you understand?

Best Fredrik