Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Airport terminals

I always like to tinker around with side projects while doing one larger project with SSJ.After the release of KTOL which should be soon, beta testing is ongoing, I am thinking of just doing terminal buildings and ramps of tier 2 airports in the US/Europe. I feel that there is considerable scope to improve this from default without getting too much into doing entire airports. Examples of these airports are (say) Dayton or Van Nuys or Scottsdale or Fresno...Anyone care to raise their hands on suggestions of airports which might need the terminals only being built?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I always like to tinker around with side projects while doing one larger project with SSJ.After the release of KTOL which should be soon, beta testing is ongoing, I am thinking of just doing terminal buildings and ramps of tier 2 airports in the US/Europe. I feel that there is considerable scope to improve this from default without getting too much into doing entire airports. Examples of these airports are (say) Dayton or Van Nuys or Scottsdale or Fresno...Anyone care to raise their hands on suggestions of airports which might need the terminals only being built?Shez
Columbus, OH - Richamond VA - Columbia, SC - Macon, GA ... it goes on and on! I know there were a bunch done for RWY12 and it was a good and welcome start.DJ

Hi ShezYou've already given us so many great sceneries in SoCal so wonder if another region is a possibility. KPIT Pittsburgh? KPHX Sky Harbor Phoenix?KOAK Oakland?CheersIan

Love your sceneries Shez and look forward to many more.Since I live in Florida how about Melbourne (KMLB), Pensacola (KPNS) or Sarasota (KSRQ)? I'm partial to KMLB since it's my home field but any would be great!

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Shez,Excellent idea!Here is my list of some regional airports most needing a terminal redo:KCMH, KDSM, KTUS, KJAN, KSAT, KGSP, KBTV, KOKC, KCHS, KTUL, KCOS, KPBI, KBIL, KTUL, KRNO, and KJAX. Some of these have sceneries, but are either pretty outdated, or made with generic buildings.Thanks for lending you time and talent to this hobby!

I'd love to see you tackle Tucson KTUS, Shez. An interesting, if small, airport with lots of interesting features that's never really been rendered accurately in FS9. And yeah, I live there so I'm a bit biased.

John G.

I think KOAK deserves a "made by shez" scenery. Never seen a really good scenery of it apart from de Jan Martin version and its mostly default buildings. Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

Love your scenery, my vote is for Richmond, Va. KRIC also. Old scenery is nice but the Terminal has been completely rebuilt in the last 3 years. Would love for you to consider it.

Fresno would be great. You know, KSMO might be easy airport as well, although, it really doesn't have any terminals that I've seen. I just like relaxing on my balcony and watching the planes take off from KSMO and can't do it as I'm in still here in Sydney :)Regardless, thanks for all of your wonderful airports Shez...KLGB rocks!Mark

Here is the list,

Columbus, OH - Richamond VA - Columbia, SC - Macon, GA ... it goes on and on! I know there were a bunch done for RWY12 and it was a good and welcome start. DJ
DJ,Good list albeit US SE focused wink.png . I will put them in on the list.Shez
Hi Shez You've already given us so many great sceneries in SoCal so wonder if another region is a possibility. KPIT Pittsburgh? KPHX Sky Harbor Phoenix? KOAK Oakland? Cheers Ian
Ian,Thanks.All those airports are too big and have been done before so may not fit criteria.Shez
Love your sceneries Shez and look forward to many more. Since I live in Florida how about Melbourne (KMLB), Pensacola (KPNS) or Sarasota (KSRQ)? I'm partial to KMLB since it's my home field but any would be great!
OK these are pretty good to include in the list.Shez
My vote is for Harrisburg - KMDT.
OK another one on the list.Shez
My vote is for DSM (Des Moines), OMA (Omaha), GEG (Spokane), BOI (Boise) and BIL (Billings) Thanks, Ken
Good to go on the list.Shez
Shez, Excellent idea! Here is my list of some regional airports most needing a terminal redo: KCMH, KDSM, KTUS, KJAN, KSAT, KGSP, KBTV, KOKC, KCHS, KTUL, KCOS, KPBI, KBIL, KTUL, KRNO, and KJAX. Some of these have sceneries, but are either pretty outdated, or made with generic buildings. Thanks for lending you time and talent to this hobby!
KCMH, KSAT, KTUL - too bigRest are worthy contenders to include in list.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I think KOAK deserves a "made by shez" scenery. Never seen a really good scenery of it apart from de Jan Martin version and its mostly default buildings. Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk
A bit too big for this project. It might be a main project in the future. I think there is a payware KOAK somewhere? Shez
Love your scenery, my vote is for Richmond, Va. KRIC also. Old scenery is nice but the Terminal has been completely rebuilt in the last 3 years. Would love for you to consider it.
Yes this a good one. Shez
Fresno would be great. You know, KSMO might be easy airport as well, although, it really doesn't have any terminals that I've seen. I just like relaxing on my balcony and watching the planes take off from KSMO and can't do it as I'm in still here in Sydney :) Regardless, thanks for all of your wonderful airports Shez...KLGB rocks! Mark
KSMF already done freeware. KSMO is a GA airport and I would get dragged down in doing many hangars. KFAT yes for list. Thanks everyone for the inputs.Shez

Shez Ansari

Here is the list...

1. KRIC
  2. KDSM
  3. KFAT
  4. KTUS
  5. KGSP
  6. KOKC
  7. KCHS
  8. KCOS
  9. KPBI
  10. KBIL
  11. KRNO
  12. KJAX
  13. KSRQ
  14. KMLB
  15. KPNS
  16. My own inputs...KACY, KBHM, KPIA, KOMA

Long list...Shez

Shez Ansari

Here is the list...
  1. KRIC
  2. KDSM
  3. KFAT
  4. KTUS
  5. KGSP
  6. KOKC
  7. KCHS
  8. KCOS
  9. KPBI
  10. KBIL
  11. KRNO
  12. KJAX
  13. KSRQ
  14. KMLB
  15. KPNS
  16. My own inputs...KACY, KBHM, KPIA, KOMA

Long list...Shez

Looks good to me... you could add EBCI (Charlerois, Belgium - Brussels South) if you like... I'd love to see more European secondaries, but I'm not familiar enough with them to really add them to the list.DJ