Sign in to follow this  
Buffaloron

PMDG Boeing 747-400 GE Missing Airframe Sections

Hello; PLEASE HELP !!!I am flying a PMDG Queen of the Skys 747-400. Everything works great until I decide to take a look around the cockpit. The airframe is gone and I am looking outside the acft and seeing the terrain. I have tried every trick described and even set the HIGHMEMFIX=1 , even though I am only using WIN 7 32 not 64. Also on one view there is a Large object hanging from the ceiling that looks like a gray soccor ball about to fall.If someone could leave a note and tell me how to capture a pic I will load it up here.My system ASUS P5H Deluxe MB4 GB Mem2 1 TB HDIntel duo core cpu 3.33 ghzCreative Labs Platinum Sound CardRadeon HD 6770 (1gb mem)Windows 7 32Bit OS ProffessionalRon Burns (aka Granpa or Buffaloron)

What other addons are you using?

No other addons I had Rex but turned it off and had the same results. Also posted this on the Pmdg ticket and they informed me that "unfortunately the only solution would be to change to Win 7 64 bit." because they have had similiar problems with Win 7 32 bit. Sadly there was no mention of this when they sold the product.Ron Burns (ake Granpa)

You might try lowering some settings to see if that helps. Normally when fsx starts dropping textures it's an indication that it's running low on resources. HighMemFix=1 usually fixes that, but there's always the risk of oom's on a 32-bit os.The main killers are autogen, traffic & weather. Having water set on 2xhigh or med are also big hitters because it basically causes fsx to render the scenery twice for reflections.See if any of that helps.

Got kind of late tonight but I will try your reccomendation in the morning, really appreciate your feedback. Was disheartened by PMDG's response about having to go to Win 64 bit. I have too much invested in the setup I have now and don't really have the heart to begin setting everything up right now. Thanks R. Burns

Try running on absolutely minimum settings and see if it still happens - if not you can be pretty much certain that you're overloading it and corrupting the memory... that's usually what's behind this if HIGHMEMFIX=1 isn't working.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I really appreciate all of the feedback. I am hoping to try them out this afternoon. It is weird that I have this problem only with the 747 and have no problem with the 737 NGX aircraft. Actually prefer the 747 due to my comfort zone with the CDU. I also forgot to mention that I am using dual monitors the second which is a Lilliput 7" touch screen. When I added a third monitor I experienced multiple problems due to the hardware prioitizing the inputs ( HDMi, DisplayPort, DVI) in that order. the touchscreen is used as a CDU abd works great. hey ho !!!! I really got off subject here. I will let you know how things work out on the Missing Airframe Sections.Thanks MuchRon B.