Sign in to follow this  
JC75

Different type of radios - something for sp2?

Take a look at this videoAround 140 you see the centre pedestal and it appears to have more modern radios..in fact is this a radio that as a separate ils tuner? Or just how it displays it?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofHcdt20oDo&feature=youtube_gdata_playerBe good to see this as a selectable option...think the cabin door cam very neat for people watching...note the hostie taking a magazine break!

That is the new Multi-Mode Nav panel which is used to tune VORs, ILS, & GLS.It is installed in a lot of the newer NG's.Fred.

So does it allow you to have a vor and ils tuned at same time?

So does it allow you to have a vor and ils tuned at same time?
Of course !!You can do that now by using the 2 nav radios anyway !!Fred.

This is a Pic of the newer MMR Panel.Very nice !!Fred.

I'd say just leave it the way it is. You could spend a lot of time adding these type of things. Waste of valuable time imho.

Be good to see this in the NGX
+2

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

It could be nice and a simple add also the cockpit door surveilance system on the lower DU, just a button and 2 or 3 fixed images (with no moving parts, just simple pictures). It will add a function with I THINK less than an hour of work on the code.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Not an expert on NGX code, but no work on that baby seems to take less than a month hehe. Would also like to see the new radio stack. Do the NGs need it though to be able to perform GLS approaches?

I think KEWR has them. However, I don't think NGX has this modeled. gLS approaches, unlike coventional gps approaches, are RNP-type precision approaches that use GBAS to greatly enhance the vertical and lateral navigational accuracy of thr GPS signal. The acft must be equipped to fly these appraoches. Regular GPS won't cut it. Newer 737s are being rolled off the factory floor with GLS capability. The PFD displays are similar to what would be seen in an ILS approach, and the whole thing is quite similar to an Rnav approach flown with IAN. However, I think flight cews must have specific training.