Sign in to follow this  
andersel

R4D.gau loaing problem

I recently (and finally) got around to purchasing the Briefing Time v7 and R4D/DC-3/C-47 v10 packages. DL'd and installed with no problems. My OS is Windows 7, if that is germaine to this issue. Both models performed flawlessly until recently. I added a number of textures to my DC-3s and C-47s and A single one to the R4D. No big problems there, but when I went to load a DC-3 (Cargo) model the sim told me that it was unable to load the R4D.gau file and that is/was where everything just STOPPED! When this happens, my only apparent option is to restart the computer via the Task Manager. I tried re-installing the R4D.gau file manually. No Joy. I have perused this forum and so far have found just one reference, from richb, about this issue, but no answers. This freeze up occurs every time I try to load one of these models. I have altered the aircraft's CFG s only in as much as changing the texture portions of them. Where might I have erred?LAPS - Please forgive my spelling error in the post's heading. It should read: loading!

I Andersel,It's impossible for me, or anyone else, to tell you what has gone wrong. I think you'll need to un-install or delete everything and start again with clean installations of both aircraft packages. Once this is done, install just one repaint at a time and make sure everything is working properly before you put in another. That way it will be easier to retrace your steps and determine what might be causing the conflict.Windows 7 might be an issue if yours is 64 bit and you are confused about where your FSX is actually installed. It is probably in C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X Note that (x86). If FSX is there, you must make sure all your mods get installed to that path as well.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Bill - The aircraft in question is the FS9 version. I do not fly FSX. My Flight Simulator is installed on my F: drive because my OS is on a very small (40gb) solid state HD. But I am running Windows 7/64. I don't think that there is another version of that OS. I will follow your advice, though, and uninstall the entire R4D/DC-3/C-47 package and start over at a slower rate of change. But the question remains - what would cause FS to be unable to load the R4D.gau file. I'm just curious.LAQuestion #2: Because I am an amputee I cannot use rudder pedals. Is it OK to alter the contact points (Line 0, entry 7) to allow control yoke tailwheel steering? I have done this on many other planes, without negative affect. Does the R4D/DC-3/C-47 CFG allow for this change?