Sign in to follow this  
curt1

'AIRBAG' approaches

My FBO was located at KLIT. It's relatively quiet. The controllers were always very nice. Gave me a tour of the facility and showed me how things worked on their end. Lots of small airports in the around for practice. I hope I can get back into it one day. sad.png

Chris Hicks

It's nice if you can learn to fly at a small airport where the controllers are forgiving. Once you've built up the confidence, try your hat at a Class B airport. I see you're in the southern US. KTPA and KMCO are good fun and a good balance of busy and relaxed atmosphere. KATL is a great learning experience, just be sure you have your #@!$ together first.
I've been to most of the busy SE airports in the US! I also frequent the Washington Dulles/SFRA zone. Busy is my forte! Try flying a pipeline patrol 4 miles east of the Dulles airport. I do it once a week! Whew.gifNotice my home airport lies just north of Charlotte Douglas International (a busy class B airport).
Acronyms are useful if they are useful to you. To me, CRAFT, for example, was always kind of silly, since they give you information and you copy it and repeat it back. I don't need an acronym to remember to repeat something, but I suppose useful for a test, although thinking back to your last clearance would work too. As for in the air: AIRBAG sounds useful, GUMPS is a popular for small aircraft. But, generally, use an acronym if you need to. That was never my thing, but if it helps you remember, then do it.
Yeah, that's why I said CRAFT is for newbies getting a clearance. It's not so silly when you're new to copying clearances and delivery gives you a mouth full.
My FBO was located at KLIT. It's relatively quiet. The controllers were always very nice. Gave me a tour of the facility and showed me how things worked on their end. Lots of small airports in the around for practice. I hope I can get back into it one day. sad.png
I thought you were setting up a joke, Chris.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

KGGG is a good place to learn. Only 2 regional round-trips daily. B-52's used to come over from barksdale afb to do touch&go's back in the day. Was also an alternate for the shuttle...

I've been to most of the busy SE airports in the US! I also frequent the Washington Dulles/SFRA zone. Busy is my forte! Try flying a pipeline patrol 4 miles east of the Dulles airport. I do it once a week! Whew.gifNotice my home airport lies just north of Charlotte Douglas International (a busy class B airport).Yeah, that's why I said CRAFT is for newbies getting a clearance. It's not so silly when you're new to copying clearances and delivery gives you a mouth full.I thought you were setting up a joke, Chris.
hehehe For once, I'm not. There's definitely a lot of potential there.

Chris Hicks