Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

Shareable cockpit?

A buddy and I would like to run flights together (same cockpit) with the PMDG NGX and I was wondering if this is at all possible and if so, how? Thank you.

A buddy and I would like to run flights together (same cockpit) with the PMDG NGX and I was wondering if this is at all possible and if so, how? Thank you.
It's planned for a future sp

If I have to have a co-pilot, all I ask is that they don't have hairy legs.. :/I want a hawt babe that smells good and doesn't fart in the crew cabinevery 29 minutes.. chortle..

If I had a dollar every time this topic came up...
But it's a great topic. We fly shared cockpit almost continually on VATSIM, and it's an incredible experience. Most realistic I've ever had online.Speaking with developers, there are two more professional level addons (developers term) that have promised this feature.in the near future. Be well.!!!!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

+1 on that one, Dave...shared cockpit is fantastic...at the moment I can only do it on the Maddog MD80, I can't wait for it to be available on the NGX!! Will Reynolds

+1 on that one, Dave...shared cockpit is fantastic...at the moment I can only do it on the Maddog MD80, I can't wait for it to be available on the NGX!! Will Reynolds
I know what you mean Will. We fly the Maddog constantly on VATSIM, an incredible experience, especially during large fly-ins.The developer of the Majestic Dash-8 400 has promised shared cockpit (multi-crew), so we're very excited about that as well. With the NGX, that will be three fine aircraft we have available.For anyone who hasn't flown shared pit, it's a knock your socks off type experience on VATSIM. True crew coordination take practice and using the procedures is a real plus for that.It's far more than just having two guys on the flight deck.We also use shared cockpit to help guys learn the Maddog, how to fly arrivals/departures, and work with ATC on VATSIM. Excellent that PMDG plans to provide this wonder addition.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Dave, 3 friends and I are flying around the world, we started in the Maddog and now we are on the NGX as well....if you see the call sign VPCNI anywhere, it is us, and we are either in shared cockpit in the Maddog or flying with at least one NGX. Can't wait to have the same level of shared cockpit in the NGX, with the updated technology, it should be fantastic. Will Reynolds

Dave, 3 friends and I are flying around the world, we started in the Maddog and now we are on the NGX as well....if you see the call sign VPCNI anywhere, it is us, and we are either in shared cockpit in the Maddog or flying with at least one NGX. Can't wait to have the same level of shared cockpit in the NGX, with the updated technology, it should be fantastic. Will Reynolds
I'll pass that along to the guys and have them look for you. We're often in shared cockpit as well. We use Ventrilo, because it has a User-to User mode that blocks out the group conversation anytime the pilot transmits to the copilot or vice versa, block the main conversation for both the transmitter and the target.... really, REALLY nice. TeamSpeak Developers have acknowledged this as one of the things they need to implement in their next big update, so now it's Ventrilo for us.See you in the VATSIM skies!See you in the skies

Dave Hodges