Sign in to follow this  
mark22

Replacing REX water effects with Zinertek's

As the title says, I want to replace REX's water effects with Zinertek's but I am not sure how to do it, I have tried various methods but not had much luck and I don't want to mess around with it too much in case I do something wrong and mess things up! Thanks

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Packard Bell imedia S3210. AMD Athlon II X 3 425 Processor 2.70 GHz. 3 GB RAM. External hard drive 1TB. FS9.1, Ground Environment, Ultimate Terrain Europe, REX, Zinertek's Ultimate Water Advanced & Ultimate Night Environment 2010, WOAI, MAIW, AES, ODG Project.

I did that a week ago (didn't like the REX sea textures).First I unchecked all panes under the 'Water Themes' Options menu in REX. I rebooted and then installed Zinertek's water effects.It all worked fine in my FS9 without any problems.

Guest venustus01

Are you referring to base color texture,waves, or reflections?Its very easy to do.

Not too sure what I did wrong but I have managed to get it sorted, think I was making it more complicated than it actually was! Thanks anyway

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Packard Bell imedia S3210. AMD Athlon II X 3 425 Processor 2.70 GHz. 3 GB RAM. External hard drive 1TB. FS9.1, Ground Environment, Ultimate Terrain Europe, REX, Zinertek's Ultimate Water Advanced & Ultimate Night Environment 2010, WOAI, MAIW, AES, ODG Project.

A well timed post. I have been thinking of using Zinertek's water effects for a while now. Could someone point me in me in the right direction to get these. Thanks. Tristan

I bought mine from Simmarket and have it saved on my hard drive. You have 2 options, either the realistic or photo reatlistic effect but I am still undecided which looks better. I think the photo realistic is possibly the better one.Another question regarding this, can you combine REX's inland water textures with Zinertek's water? In the REX option screen I unticked all of the water boxes but left the inland water boxed ticked hoping to achieve the desired result but it didn't seem to work.I still find though that the water around the UK, particular the North sea is way too blue for my liking, how can I get it to be more of a grey colour like it really is?

I'm sure there's a more efficient way to do this, but all I do is after I have installed a new REX texture set, I just run the Zinertek insaller. I assume those then replace the relevant textures and so I get REX for everything else and Zinertek for water.... Seems to work

Guest venustus01

I like the "realistic" set for Zinertek water.