Sign in to follow this  
nillefix

Ooh I got to have this!

HelloIvy bridge will be fine on a recent P67 or Z68 board.In fact my Asus Sabertooth P67 already has a bios released to support Ivybridge but not PCI-3http://event.asus.com/2011/mb/PCIe3_Ready/
I stand corrected :)

This got way too technical for me.I was think maybe along these lines;Intel® Core™ i7-2600 3,4GHz Intel H67 Chipset10 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce GTX 550Ti 1GBIs this sufficient?Niclas

This got way too technical for me.I was think maybe along these lines;Intel® Core™ i7-2600 3,4GHz Intel H67 Chipset10 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce GTX 550Ti 1GBIs this sufficient?Niclas
Close, but no!CPU: whether you choose the i5 or i7, make sure it has the "k" suffix, ie 2500kMotherboard: h67's are not overclock friendly. Need p67 or z68.Memory: more than 6-8gb is overkill.Edit: i also apologize for diverting the topic

Absolutley!....but get the 570 GTX instead (cheaper than 580GTX which I have) and a MSI board such as P67 GD80 B3.Also when everything is finished...installed FSX and such, then OC it to a least 4,2 GHZ and even more (4.8) ifyou have a good CPU cooler./ Leffe

Leffe, you got to be swedish! =)I was thinking of buying a prebuilt computer from one of the chains so I don't get the headache of configure everything and tweaking all the time.Since this topic I realise my budget is a little short.Niclas

GTX560ti is plenty of gpu for fsx, that'll save a lot of money over a 570/80/90.The i5 2500k also costs significantly less than the 2600k & you won't see any difference.Memory is also cheap since you don't need a super-low latency, 7 or 9 is plenty good for sandy bridge systems.There are lots of ways to save money on a new pc as long as you choose the parts carefully.

Is this sufficient then;

• Corsair Obsidian 650D Midi Tower Svart
  • Corsair TX V2 650W PSU
  • MSI P67A-G45 B3, Socket-1155
  • Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor
  • Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB, CL9
  • ZOTAC GeForce GTX 570 1280MB PhysX CUDA
  • Corsair SSD Force Series™ 3, 90GB
  • Seagate Barracuda® 7200.12 1TB
  • Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Writer, AD-5280S
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Niclas

Leffe, you got to be swedish! =)I was thinking of buying a prebuilt computer from one of the chains so I don't get the headache of configure everything and tweaking all the time.Since this topic I realise my budget is a little short.Niclas
The i5 2500K is the best and cheapest way to go if you only are simming in FS.But I would nevertheless choose an i7 2600K, if you are into other games such as Battlefield 3 etc. I7 have Hyperthreading whichis better than without for a game like that.Also other games rely more on the GPU....so a good GPU isn´t bad in that case./ Leffe
Is this sufficient then;
  • Corsair Obsidian 650D Midi Tower Svart
  • Corsair TX V2 650W PSU
  • MSI P67A-G45 B3, Socket-1155
  • Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor
  • Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB, CL9
  • ZOTAC GeForce GTX 570 1280MB PhysX CUDA
  • Corsair SSD Force Series™ 3, 90GB
  • Seagate Barracuda® 7200.12 1TB
  • Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Writer, AD-5280S
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Niclas

Not bad at all...BUT get at least a 750 or 850 PSU!Use Corsairs site to decide the PSU. They have a tool you can fill in with diffr hardwareand then you can see, what size of PSU is recommended./ Leffe

PSU is fine for a single gpu system.List looks good to me. The only thing I'd ask about is to make sure the memory is 1.65v or less.

PSU is fine for a single gpu system.List looks good to me. The only thing I'd ask about is to make sure the memory is 1.65v or less.
Yes, but if he in the future wanna upgrade to SLI, then a PSU of 650 is kinda weak. / Leffe

This looks to be a bigger headache than I thought. =)Niclas
Not at all! This thread is only a few hours old and you have been told almost eveything you need to know. Your final decision is what is your primary use for this PC. If it is FSX only (or mainly), then the spec you listed is even more then you need and with a decent widescreen monitor, will serve you very well. If you want to play all the most modern games, then what you have will still be very good, but consider a better PSU now as that will let you upgrade your GPU in a year or so. If you want a money no object, best of the best, killer gaming machine, then what ever you get will already be out of date.

Ok thanks guys for all the input. Know now a whole lot more to make good decision. Again thanks!Niclas

Noooo OP, don't sell your guitars. Guitars are unique creatures, which are very special. I wouldn't trade my guitar to any PC. :).But since you wanna sell them, could you please post your gear :D. I'm just curious :D.

Noooo OP, don't sell your guitars. Guitars are unique creatures, which are very special. I wouldn't trade my guitar to any PC. :).But since you wanna sell them, could you please post your gear :D. I'm just curious :D.
2 Gibson Flying V's (1 Ebony & 1 White)2 Gibson Les Paul Custom (1 Ebony & 1 White)Big Grin.gifNicke