Sign in to follow this  
trsanchez

GTX 580 too weak for Usepools set to 0 ?

Hi, does anyone, who have a GTX 580 have the same problems with usepools 0? Because I get flashing textures ( clouds, ground).

I don't get it why you are trying to use BP=0 with your config. It's not gonna work and Bojote said it more than once why.On slower cards and first gen i7 CPUs it was still OK. More powerful CPUs push more data, and even if you downclock it, it's not gonna work out.Bojote itself said on GTX580, it shouldn't be used.With almost everything, beside AI and water, on max, I get between 20 and 30fps on mega airports, and at 35 locked in the air in the PMDGs NGX! Why would you push that for the unstability? To gain 25 instead of 20, it's really pointless.

BP=0 does NOT work with every card. It doesn't work with every driver. It works for some, but NOT for most systems. You need to try a different driver and a different BP setting. Then set up Inspector & FSX to enjoy excellent visuals. It's not easy, but there enough info on these forums to get you there.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

With a system like that, why do you even have to think about config tweaks? The only change I would make would be to increase the LOD radius.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ok, but why I get more smoothness with usepools 0??? Explain me that! With fps set to 30 or any other values i don't get the smoothness like with usepools set to 0. I only have the problem with the fu.... flashing textures and clouds. I use fps limiter, it didn't work better. I get the smoothest fps and smoothness with fsx set to unlimited ( fps ) and usepools set to 0. But I have still the texture issues. Don't really know what to do, guys. I need a wonder, right now :-)

With a system like that, why do you even have to think about config tweaks? The only change I would make would be to increase the LOD radius.
Because if i don't use tweaks I receive massive stutters with addons like the NGX par example.
BP=0 does NOT work with every card. It doesn't work with every driver. It works for some, but NOT for most systems. You need to try a different driver and a different BP setting. Then set up Inspector & FSX to enjoy excellent visuals. It's not easy, but there enough info on these forums to get you there.
Hi Jose, thanks for your reply, do you have tamviewer, maybe you can help me with setting up my rig for FSX. Sincerely, Tom

Take some advice and stop using BP=0 [bufferpools]RejectThreshold=xxxxxx(mine is set to 131072) works much better anyway. Almost the same effect as BP=0 without the instability.This is the only addition I ever make to an FSX.cfgNo other tweakng required.

That doesnt work at all on my rig, the only solution ive found so far is bp=0 (i have spent countless hours trying to figure out the best config for my rig)

As Jose and Glenn suggest - buffer it: in using 5 gig, you have setup the conditions that existed before the SB procs came out - i.e. You have made it so the proc is once again pushing data faster than the gpu can handle, so every time the gpu gets too much info - it causes video corruption. When the gpu (your 580, for e.g.) is faster than the proc, it can handle all the data it can get - so BP can = 0 without problems.First - buffer the proc's data stream, like below, and test it. Then - if it's still flashing - reduce the speed of the proc to 4.8 and test again. You might have to play a bit, but this will fix your problem.(assuming HIGHMEMFIX and water=High 2.x are being used)[bufferPools]UsePools=1PoolSize=8388608RejectThreshold=262144 // 131072 <-- try this number if there;s no flashing with 262144... OK?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

That doesnt work at all on my rig, the only solution ive found so far is bp=0 (i have spent countless hours trying to figure out the best config for my rig)
Me too, absolutely.

Fiddling with BP=0 was really waste of time with my oc'd i7 and gtx480. No matter what, I always had some corrupted graphics somewhere. Sometimes it seemed I got it working in gex/utx world, but then I got glitches in ORBX or Megascenery and vice versa. Now I have only RT and it is working beautifully. I'm satisfied with what I have. I prefer flying over cfg tweaking and short test fligjts. Couple of weeks ago I did mostly latter, but I'm done with that. I suggest OP to do the same, although I understand if there is bad stuttering. But in that case there must be something else wrong, and although BP=0 fixes it, there is most likely another way.

As Jose and Glenn suggest - buffer it: in using 5 gig, you have setup the conditions that existed before the SB procs came out - i.e. when the gpu (your 580, for e.g.) is faster than the proc, it could handle all the data it could get. You have made it so the proc is once again pushing data faster than the gpu can handle, so every time the gpu gets too much info - it causes video corruption.First - buffer the proc's data stream, like below, and test it. Then - if it's still flashing - reduce the speed of the proc to 4.8 and test again. You might have to play a bit, but this will fix your problem.(assuming HIGHMEMFIX and water=High 2.x are being used)[bufferPools]UsePools=1PoolSize=8388608RejectThreshold=262144 // 131072 <-- try this number if there;s no flashing with 262144... OK?
Hi Paul, I did it already! But with usepools 0 it is much smoother, don't know why. Other settings like you posted, doesn't take much effect on my rig. With usepools 0 I have the best frames and smoothness I can get. But the flashing things got on my nerves. Would you help me with teamviewer to set it up? Thanks anyway.

You will get the same smoothness and good frames by using those (or close to) numbers. Lock the frames at 30 and turn off the frames notifications. Set your FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.18 or .15 - or even .12.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

You will get the same smoothness and good frames by using those (or close to) numbers. Lock the frames at 30 and turn off the frames notifications. Set your FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.18 or .15 - or even .12.
With lock zo 30 fps i receive tearing, i ever have the best smoothness with set to unlimited frames in fsx. Would you try to help me woth teamviewer software? That eould be very helpful for me.

Tom,What drivers are you currently using?Tearing is caused by NOT having Vsync enabled in Inspector.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Tom,What drivers are you currently using?Tearing is caused by NOT having Vsync enabled in Inspector.
No vsync is enabled, i don't know how to say it is not fluid as with fsx unlimited ( when locked to 30 fps ). Newest whql nvidia driver ( up to date ). Do you have teamviewer?