Sign in to follow this  
AFAGNC

alpha channel question: when an aircraft become transparent...

I made a repaint for the camsim B789...then, it was time to create the alpha channel, I created it, but the alpha channel made my airplane partially trasparent (I used a light grey) istead cromed.why?!?!the alpha channel usally controls the reflection, isn't it?thnks so much

Does the original plane have an aplha?
the model? I don't know...the plain textures didn't have alpha

Let put my question a bit different.Does the textureset wich comes with the original model for FS have alpha layer in the texturesheets?This a an old model for FS9 (2006) if adding an alpha makes it transp. just do not try to add one.If alpha-gloss is not set in the mdl file there is nothing to do about.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Leen,thankyou for beeing very patient and make the question another time, I don't always understand english.however, it doesn't have alpha layer in the texture sheets, so I think I have to let the alpha channel white and my livery without reflectionthankyou so much for the reply

If the model s not set to use alphas for reflection the alphas will make it transparent.Propellers and glass use alphas for transparency.and all parts will behave that way unless set for reflectionAs suggested above, don't include an alpha