Sign in to follow this  
michaelb15

Copilot program?

Im trying to find some sort of program that gives me a copilot.. Its really tricky trying to handle all of the systems on the larger aircraft while taking off, or landing..The best thing I think would be some sort of voice activated program.. I used to have one for another program a few years ago, but I cant seem to find one for FSX. Im hoping somebody here may know of somthhing good like that..expessially on takeoffs its pretty hard to not only fly the plane, but raise the gear, set the autopilot, raise the flaps, and what ever else is needed. I do set the autopilot, and nav radios to what I want on the ground before takeoff, but even with it all that set it would be much easier, and more realistic if there was some sort of voice activated autopilot, where I can just say "gear up" and it will raise the gear.. and say "flaps up" and it raises the flaps a notch, and "autopilot on" to turn on autopilot, etc.

Multi Crew Experience will do all that, as well as letting you talk to FSX ATC. Great product with excellent support.

Multi Crew Experience will do all that, as well as letting you talk to FSX ATC. Great product with excellent support.
Agree 100 per cent.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

http://www.multicrewxp.com/index.html ..and a review...>>>http://www.avsim.com/pages/0409/MultiCrewExp/MCExp.htmI must admit, its far too complex to use for my little Cessna 150, but for Commercial Bus Driver/Pilots...Big%20Grin.gif ....it looks interesting.(For simplicity I would probably go for Abacus' "Co Pilot Pro", but I manage very well with my FS Navigator, and my blonde Air Hostess/Co Pilot)...Love.gif ...!http://www.abacuspub.com/default_fs.htmlPaul....Nerd.gif ...!

Have you tried FSCopilot???
I just downloaded that, and am using it right now, but it doesnt seem to have any features for what I was needing.. it seems more like a utility for takeoff/landing distance, and setting other functions by entering it on the keyboard.. not what I want.. although some of the things it has are cool.. Its not going into the garbage..but I am looking at that other program and I will see how it does! thanks!but isnt there just some simple program that I can configure words to certain keyboard keys.. like if I say gear. It regonises that and "presses" g.. like it doesnt have to be too complex or anything.. I would mainly use it for just flaps, autopilot, and gear..

I just downloaded that, and am using it right now, but it doesnt seem to have any features for what I was needing.. it seems more like a utility for takeoff/landing distance, and setting other functions by entering it on the keyboard.. not what I want.. although some of the things it has are cool.. Its not going into the garbage..but I am looking at that other program and I will see how it does! thanks!but isnt there just some simple program that I can configure words to certain keyboard keys.. like if I say gear. It regonises that and "presses" g.. like it doesnt have to be too complex or anything.. I would mainly use it for just flaps, autopilot, and gear..
HelloI use shoot v1.6.4 to control RC and PFE, there is a shoot profile for FS2004 here in the library that should be usable for FSX with little work.http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/Or you could use VAC, there is an FSX profile available in their forumhttp://www.dwvac.com/I also have VAC but much prefer Shoot.

FS2Crew. Only downside is that each aircraft has it's own version and not all aircraft have an FS2Crew edition. With that said, I won't fly an aircraft with more than 1 seat without FS2Crew (even applies to the PMDG NGX which is still waiting for it's FS2Crew edition).

Eric Szczesniak

Find someone to fly with, use the shared cockpit / multiplayer option in FSX, and tell them what to do LOL.gif

Jay

Agree 100 per cent.
I bid 110 percent! wink.png It's a can't-do-without utility.MCE controls the default a/c and many of the complex ones. It runs basic commands ("Set heading one five three, speed two one five, flaps two"), full checklists, and the VoxScript feature even allows for customized procedures per aircraft.For example I have a fixed set of procedure names for all my a/c so no matter which one I'm in I can tell my FO to "perform climbout procedures" and she engages the autopilot, raises the gear and flaps, clears the autobrake, and quotes the local transition altitude. If I'm in my iFly or LevelD, I'm even reminded to check my thrust settings.

when fs2crew prodcuce generic version for all aircraft, ill be the first to buymy fsx policy is, the fewer addons you need to reinstall when things break the better.Same goes for orbit and all other texture etc. That why i have fsx global 2010 / fscaptain and rex.

So, can you use other aircraft besides the C172?
Absolutely.The Cessna is just the free way to see how the program works for yourself.The web site has video links showing some of the multiple aircraft supported-(there is a list of fully supported aircraft for checklists).- VFR (with or without flightplans), IFR.If you purchase the program , Michael or Michelle as copilot,you may wish to purchase 3rd party voices to use instead of the ms ones.ben