Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Prompt on Exit

Right I have made a discovery I "think".Ok here we go, afew of us are getting CTD's when exiting FSX, I have had a few depending what i'm doing in the game. I have been messing around in the general settings today and tried this out..In general tab settings there is a setting called Prompt on exit. "which is when you exit FSX it asks you if you are sure", Uncheck it. so now when you exit FSX it will just close with out being prompt. I have tried this with 60 different scenarios, I cannot get FSX to crash for love nor money. Im not stating that this is certainly a fix as everyone has different hardware, addon's etc. but would a few of you guys mind trying it please just as a test . Would be interesting to see if it is a partial cause.. to some of our fatal errors on exit.Regards Stevie..Also which version of the uiautomationcore.dll file do people have in there FSX root folder..??

Steve!Never had an CTD with FSX (Got FSX in beginning of aug 2011)I have the "Prompt" thicked however, but I don´t think it´s that causing it.To be without an FSX CTD, I guess one must have the UiautomationCore.dll in version 6.0.5840.16386 (32-bit)which I have in FSX roots folder./ Leffe

Another thing is if your using the VC if you exit when in the VC is sometimes CTD'S but if you jump to the 2D and exit it don't im doing this as we speak and it certainly is strangeYeah i have that version aswell m8 just checked

Never use a 2D in any of my PMDG ac...(but also I don´t have the 737NGX yet. Still waiting for SP1)So I can´t say if it´s the NGX causing this either, but what I understood the H4 helped a lot in this issueand I also think the SP will take care, of most cases in this matter./ Leffe