Sign in to follow this  
beethamwest

Very scary scenery problem after new PC assembly

Specs are in my sigHave OC the i5 2500k to 4.5ghz, Voltage is 1.38I assume the issue is due to certain tweeks i have done either in NvidiaInspector or my FSX.cfgI have installed WOAI's British Airways, GEX, UTX, UK2000 Heathrow and have REX running int he background as well as Shade.Are these spikes/messed up text and cloud issues something that can be fixed.The FPS drop to 11 when viewing them, but when it was running OK (before trying to change to top down view) The FPS would be locked and fine at 27, nice and smooth no stutters.weiredmess.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Re-tried starting FSX, @ Heathrow. All seemed nice and smooth, began take off roll and then a CTD, saying out of memory.I have 8GB of 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Blue. (although in my BIOS it says it is running at 1333mhz)?I really wish for everything to iron out. New assebly's are a right pain sometimes

Re-tried starting FSX, @ Heathrow. All seemed nice and smooth, began take off roll and then a CTD, saying out of memory.I have 8GB of 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Blue. (although in my BIOS it says it is running at 1333mhz)?I really wish for everything to iron out. New assebly's are a right pain sometimes
What is the XMP speed of your RAM? Use CPU-Z to identify. And then run it at XMP in BIOS. Probably 1600Mhz.

This looks like Autogen spiking which is usually a sign of overloading the video sideof your system.What happens if you rename your fsx.cfg file, so it starts up without cfg tweaksand cut back a bit on Autogen and Scenery complexity in FSX?

Bert

I had the 'usepools=0' tweek in my CFG, which i have now removed. I will try the same take off again and see how it goes. Will post my results once i have exceeded 2000ftKOSTA, i will check that now, although the BIOS thing you mentioned is above me, i am not the most gifted when running through my BIOS.EDIT 1Right with the BCDEDIT using cmd i set my user virtual memory to 3072 as some internet site said to do (only on VIsta 32bit)Removed 'userpools=0' from my CFG and took off, very smoothly from Heathrow, climbed to 2000ft and maintained over 22FPS the entire time.Even when i panned the spot view around so i was viewing Heathrow in high detail, using the default 747 i had over 22FPS.What does the affinitymask=14 do may i askOr the rejectpools entry in the CFG?

You should not be running Vista, and especially not 32bit version of it. You are calling for problems with it.Furthermore, you shouldn't be using BP=0 or Usepools=0 at any time. This tweak is way too unstable for unexperienced to tinker with...I suggest you go here and pick whatever you can, except fsx.cfg tweaks:http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.htmlAnd then here, to tweak your fsx.cfg to some extent, whereas I don't agree with some tweaks here, but they do work:http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlFor AM explanation, go here and read:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/351164-hyperthreading-yes-it-does-help/ 2nd page middle gives some explanations on how to set AM.

The only other OS i have is XP 64 or WIN7 64, but the WIN7 is my laptop backup so i doubt it would install.What is the most stable OS to buy, before i go installing all my Add-ons!Cheers Word Not Allowed

The only other OS i have is XP 64 or WIN7 64, but the WIN7 is my laptop backup so i doubt it would install.What is the most stable OS to buy, before i go installing all my Add-ons!Cheers Word Not Allowed
Windows 7 64bit. It is a must for today's hardware, in my opinion. The version is relatively unimportant, Home Premium upwards. XP64 is a no-go.

I found my Alienware Windows 7 64 disk. It is installing thus far on my new system (usually they are set so that you can only install them on the systems they came with?)But it is installing thus far anyway. That 'how to install FSX properly' guide looks very good, thank you.I'll be sure to follow it.

Word Not Allowed is on the money. The only time I ever experienced that kind of graphical spiking was running Win XP 32 bit and it always happened a second or two before an OOM or CTD. Generally speaking, to run FSX efficiently you need an 64bit OS.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

>>What does the affinitymask=14 do may i ask?On a quad processor (with Hyperthreading disabled) this setting moves the main FSX loadfrom the first core (Core0) to the second core (Core1) which leaves Core0 free to handlemisc Windows stuff and other programs without impacting FSX quite as much.It also reduces the scenery loading cores from 3 to 2 which actually seems to work betteron many systems (too many cooks in the kitchen syndrome..)In summary, on many systems it gives a smoother feel, without changing fps.

Bert

OK, i have successfully installed WIN7 Home Premium 64bit which came with my alienware.Just installing my MOBO drivers followed by the 560ti ones from Nvidia's website, plus NvidiaInspector.I will proceed with my FSX install exactly as the aforementioned guides details.Will post my results once GEX, REX etc ae installed and i have done all the recommended tweeks.Cheers guys.

OK, i have successfully installed WIN7 Home Premium 64bit which came with my alienware.Just installing my MOBO drivers followed by the 560ti ones from Nvidia's website, plus NvidiaInspector.I will proceed with my FSX install exactly as the aforementioned guides details.Will post my results once GEX, REX etc ae installed and i have done all the recommended tweeks.Cheers guys.
I suggest you install the latest chipset drivers found on the Intel's website. And then those needed by the mainboard.

I was still concerned as to why my Ram is showing as 1333. My timings if i remember were 9-9-9-24, but i had no option to alter my voltage to the RAM, only the speed, so when i re-booted, it failed and gave me an error saying that me overclocking was unstable, and it reverted to my original BIOS settings.Now I have followed a step by step to get my i5 to 4.5ghz, 1.38 vcore and disabled turbo (amongst a few other settings)But i am now scared to even touch my RAM again.

I was still concerned as to why my Ram is showing as 1333. My timings if i remember were 9-9-9-24, but i had no option to alter my voltage to the RAM, only the speed, so when i re-booted, it failed and gave me an error saying that me overclocking was unstable, and it reverted to my original BIOS settings.Now I have followed a step by step to get my i5 to 4.5ghz, 1.38 vcore and disabled turbo (amongst a few other settings)But i am now scared to even touch my RAM again.
Dude, there is an XMP setting somewhere in the BIOS. I don't know ASRock BIOS, but there must be one. That is the fastest (and safest) way to set your RAM to it's max rated speed.I suggest you just check the manual.And it can be THIS easy: