Sign in to follow this  
beethamwest

Very scary scenery problem after new PC assembly

If you remember from my 'Chicago error thread' My mobo is actually a GIGABYTE Z68AP-D3, not the Asrock one.Don't know if that is any different.

If you remember from my 'Chicago error thread' My mobo is actually a GIGABYTE Z68AP-D3, not the Asrock one.Don't know if that is any different.
Man, seriously? Can't you browse the manual? All the respect, but searching a PDF takes couple of seconds!

I first saw the problem you are having when I installed the 170,XX driver on a 8800GTX card. The 170.xx for Vista 32, and XP 32, caused black vertical spikes from trees to sky on external pan and more flashing textures. Rolled back to the 169.21/169.25 and everything cleared up. Every new version has caused the same problem so it is a change in the drivers.The way I stopped was to install FPS Limiter Max, locked at 30, and FSX set to Unlimited.Dave

I have heard conflicting stories with regards to external limiters, SO for now i will leave alone.But having installed WIN7 64, and following the Guides Word Not Allowed posted, i was able to depart Heathrow, fly south and return from the west, using UK2000 EGLL, UTX, GEX, REX, SHADE, with very high settings, using the default 747, never dropping below 21fps, which will suit me fine.Until WOAI is installed of course, i doubt i will see 20 FPS with 300 aircraft on the ground, plus that of gatwick, plus London VFR!EDIT, ok this appear specific to Aerosoft Amsterdam. As you can see from the image, there appears conflict between the textures of the airport scenery, and that of GEX/UTXI have the airport scenery higher in the scenery library also?amsterdamerror.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

I can only steer you away from London VFR. While it does look quite realistic, it is such a resource-hog, it's gonna bring your FSX way down below your knees - especially with AI. We are talking teens or less.Right now I'm happy I can run NGX or PMDG 747 on takeoff roll on UK2000 EGLL at some 20fps. That is without London VFR and AI.

Word Not Allowed,Don't mean to hijack this thread, but wanted to ask about slow loading of aircraft textures in the NGX and AI (UT2). Also in the VC of the NGX. My fsx cfg is almost identical to yours, in fact the only thing different is is I have Vsync enabled and I fly only in full screen. Everything loads quick, as long as I don't stay in spot view too long.I have not tried other tweaks, as everything runs so smooth, with no stutters, but just cannot remember what the cause is for the slow texture loading. It is only aircraft this happens.My system is close to what you have, but I run my O/C @ 4.3, as I need to purchase suitable cooling before going any higher. Any advice would be much appreciated.cheers

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Did you get your RAM up to speed? I have a similar board (Gigabyte z68 XP-UD3-iSSD) and I had to do exactly what Word Not Allowed described above to get my RAM up to 1866 mHz. The default is XMP: disabled, in my case all I had to do was change it to "XMP profile 2".Jim

Word Not Allowed,Don't mean to hijack this thread, but wanted to ask about slow loading of aircraft textures in the NGX and AI (UT2). Also in the VC of the NGX. My fsx cfg is almost identical to yours, in fact the only thing different is is I have Vsync enabled and I fly only in full screen. Everything loads quick, as long as I don't stay in spot view too long.I have not tried other tweaks, as everything runs so smooth, with no stutters, but just cannot remember what the cause is for the slow texture loading. It is only aircraft this happens.My system is close to what you have, but I run my O/C @ 4.3, as I need to purchase suitable cooling before going any higher. Any advice would be much appreciated.cheers
Speed of your HDD maybe? You do need some decent HDD at 10,000rpm or SSD to load fast. And your TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT, maybe try 60? Defragged HDD?It's only NGX since it's only NGX that uses such high quality textures, which also take longer to load. I don't have a problem with my NGX and my Raptor.

I have a 300GB Raptor, and defragged using O&O just a few days ago. Scenery textures load real fast that you don't notice the loading. Will have a play with TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT, and see what happens. Thanks Word Not Allowed

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I had the same problem before when I use the /3GB switch.
That's only for 32bit OS. I am using W764. But I am using a set page file of 3072 as recommended in NickN's tuning guide. I have 8GB kingston CL9 @ 1600MHZ on a Gigabyte Z68 UD4-B3

I managed to remove my graphical artifacts like the one you experienced by using the internal limiter. BP=0 and a really old gfx card

You should not be getting autogen spikes like that with an i5 2500k/8GB RAM/1GB 560Ti powered system. I have an almost identical PC, and that just doesn't happen on mine (with maximum detail levels, and no config tweaks except LOD radius @ 5.5).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

"I have heard conflicting stories with regards to external limiters, SO for now i will leave alone." I have the original shortcut on my desktop. When I run FSX from it, unlimited and sliders full right, I get the spikes. When I run FSX from the limiter shortcut, I do not have the spikes.Case closed(for me)DaveIntel Core I7 975 Quadcore OC @ 3.75 Ghz (Air)Asus P6T DLX V2 X58 1366, BD Combo Plextor B310SA6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866C7GTHIS ATI 4890 1GB, Samsung 24", Saitek X-52 ProLogitech Z680 5.1 Speakers, G15 Keyboard, G5 MouseThermaltake Element S Case, Corsair 850HX PSUC: Intel 80GB SSD w/Windows 7 Home 64D: WD 300GB Velocity Raptor w/FSX+Accel+GEX, F4AFE: WD 1TB Caviar Black w/Data SH4

Did you get your RAM up to speed? I have a similar board (Gigabyte z68 XP-UD3-iSSD) and I had to do exactly what Word Not Allowed described above to get my RAM up to 1866 mHz. The default is XMP: disabled, in my case all I had to do was change it to "XMP profile 2".Jim
Haven't bothered trying to sort the RAM as yet. I have flew Heathrow to Boston, and if i am honest the arrival in to Boston gave me more stutters than the take off from Heathrow (which included UK2000 EGLL, London VFR and every AI airline that operates from EGLL, EVERY airline!It may be to do with REX as the weather wa sbad on arrival in to Boston, or perhaps UTX putting traffic on every road.I did some more tweeking and the take off from Boston to Dallas FW was great, as was the in flight and landing.I will sort my RAM, at some point.EDIT. I have just gone in the BIOS, and the memory tweeker. I had no idea it would be so easy. I changed my XMP from disabled, to profile 1. Now i have 1600mhz memory. :)