Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tinosky

For the Canadian NGX drivers-

Guest Tinosky

Please see next post.

I apologize for the above post. It seems I have two different accounts? Is there a way to delete the account above? Sorry for this. Back on topic: I Just wanted to mention that FSDT announced CYVR as their next airport. This will be my hub for the NGX. Thought I would share this info.Being a WestJet fan, I can finally look forward to some NGX'ing around the Rockies. Utilizing those RNP approaches should be fun :)Cheers,Tinosky.

Sante Sottile

Oh yeah!!! Finally my home base gets the make over it deserves!!! Hope it works with Orbx PNW. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh yeah!!! Finally my home base gets the make over it deserves!!! Hope it works with Orbx PNW. Thanks for the heads up.
No problem! Yes, they mentioned that it would be compatible with PNW. :)

Sante Sottile

I apologize for the above post. It seems I have two different accounts? Is there a way to delete the account above? Sorry for this.Back on topic:I Just wanted to mention that FSDT announced CYVR as their next airport. This will be my hub for the NGX. Thought I would share this info.Being a WestJet fan, I can finally look forward to some NGX'ing around the Rockies. Utilizing those RNP approaches should be fun :)Cheers,Tinosky.
great news, but I cannot see any update on the forums?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

On the topic of CYVR, there was a King Air 100 that made a belly landing on Russ Baker hwy. at the end of 26L today. I was just across the river when it happened but they had all the bridges in/out of Richmond closed before I could get over there.I had lunch at the McDonalds 100ft away from the crash site 45 mins earlier

Yeah, i work in the PASCO maintenace building, i was walking out in the parking lot when it happened. That Sephen guy talikng live on CTV? He's a co-worker. The pilot actualy stalled the plane, probably trying to "stretch" it a little more to the runaway. Everyone is scratcing their head cuz you can fly a B100 on one engine. Heck, i had a hard time leaving work to go home...

Do you happen to know if he was cleared for 26R into CYVR? Given the final position and direction of the plane, he would have been either attempting a steep left bank to 26L that ended up being too wide due to the loss of the left engine. Or had a last minute Abort during an approach to 26R.As far as I have heard, he was returning just after departure due to some engine trouble.

Yes he was cleared for 26L, but he never declared an emergency. He first reported problems about 60km from yvr at about 15000 ft. A witness said the plane wobled then nose dived into the road wich indicates a stall. the right wing struck first, hitting some cars at the intercection.

I apologize for the above post. It seems I have two different accounts? Is there a way to delete the account above? Sorry for this.Back on topic:I Just wanted to mention that FSDT announced CYVR as their next airport. This will be my hub for the NGX. Thought I would share this info.Being a WestJet fan, I can finally look forward to some NGX'ing around the Rockies. Utilizing those RNP approaches should be fun :)Cheers,Tinosky.
Hi Tino,Yes it is great news and FlyTampa has also been working on CYUL (Montreal) and from what I gather they will be working on CYYZ (Toronto) in the near future.On another note... How is the project coming along Rick?

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Tino,Yes it is great news and FlyTampa has also been working on CYUL (Montreal) and from what I gather they will be working on CYYZ (Toronto) in the near future.On another note... How is the project coming along Rick?
Hey Rob,I haven't done much so far. I have been slammed at work all summer and landed a contract to fab up 7 collapseable bleachers for the Chan center. I have only managed to make the screen bezels for the main panel and wired up a few switches. Thats about it i'm affraid. I am hoping to slow down a bit here soon and get a few weeks to work on it over the holidays.

On the topic of CYVR, there was a King Air 100 that made a belly landing on Russ Baker hwy. at the end of 26L today. I was just across the river when it happened but they had all the bridges in/out of Richmond closed before I could get over there.I had lunch at the McDonalds 100ft away from the crash site 45 mins earlier
I was close by as well; I'd flown in on a Harbour Air flight from CYYJ just 30 minutes (give or take) before the crash. As the news was unfolding and the facts were unclear, my friends and relatives were afraid that the plane involved in the accident might have been the one that I was on. Got a few phone calls on my way home ...

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)