Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

Shade and ENBseries config

I konw this is offtopic and has not much to doo with the NGX, but as many persons in here suggested the programm shade I hope to find a solution here.Now to my problem. Today I've installed Shade and as I wanted to take a look at my sim the ENBseries effect was much to strong.Here are 2 screenshots of how it looked befor and afterwards.Before:ngxbefore.jpgAfter:ngxafter.jpgCould anyone tell me how to modify my ENBseries.ini so that it looks like befor again?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

In the Shade installation folder (where shade was installed at) there is a sub folder called "goodies".there is a ENBseries.ini there that was customized for shade in the Shade developer's eyes.try using it and let us know if it helped.P.S. post the result Screen shots, I am also interested to see how it would look like.I can't use ENB as I run FSX on DX10

Edited by Akila

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

That's looking better already, but still somehow not perfect.This is how it looks now:ngxafter2.jpgIn my opinion the effect of the ENBseries is still a little to weak. How can I make the effect stronger?

let's go through the elimination process.try a second loading shade without the ENB.it it is still bad , then it's shade we need to focus on, if it's good, then it's ENB.let me know your results.based on that we can focus on the causeit could be that the combination of the two yield bad looks.

Joel Strikovsky

When I turn the ENBseries off it all is a little brighter. But I'd like it a little darker than it is on the last shot. Just the way it is in the first shot.Is there any way I can configure my ENBseries so that FSX looks the way it did befor installing Shade?

When I turn the ENBseries off it all is a little brighter. But I'd like it a little darker than it is on the last shot. Just the way it is in the first shot. Is there any way I can configure my ENBseries so that FSX looks the way it did befor installing Shade?
just to be surewhen you run it without ENB (ENB turned off)you want it brighter , or you want it Darker?

Joel Strikovsky

just to be surewhen you run it without ENB (ENB turned off)you want it brighter , or you want it Darker?
All in all that's pretty difficould to explain, because as you can see in the screenshots in the beginning the bright colours were still bright, but now they are also darkened. That's not what I want.I just want it to look the way it did in the beginning, but with the effects from Shade added.

Recently, I have tried a new custom preset created by Ken and Wolter called 'K_and_W_1.' You can find it athttp://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/9776-shade-preset-k-and-w-1/what is good about K_and_W_1 that they also created a suited ENBseries.ini file with it and also a REX preset,you could use all 3 or just use what ever you want.when I used the their preset it was to dark for me, but I think it would be perfect for you (as your to bright photo, are great for me)test it out and let me know.It has a great fog effect which you can see in a topic posted in the Shade Screenshots forumhttp://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/9782-k-w-1-preset-in-australia/http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/9780-k-w-1-preset/EDIT: there are many other preset you could use that are included in the shade Installation directory.you could load them and see which suits you the best.you could always head off to their support forum, I find them really helpful there.http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/forum/169-mogwaisoft-shade/

Edited by Akila

Joel Strikovsky

Thank you for your help, I'll try those files out tomorrow. I'll report how I like them then.Until then, good night.

Using some other presets it looks pretty good, but now there's another question for me:I'm a owner of REX and so I want to use the REX textures for the sky. But Shade is overwriting my textures with it's own ones. How can I disable the Shade sky-textures so that the REX ones will be displayed again?

Using some other presets it looks pretty good, but now there's another question for me:I'm a owner of REX and so I want to use the REX textures for the sky. But Shade is overwriting my textures with it's own ones. How can I disable the Shade sky-textures so that the REX ones will be displayed again?
Shade does not touch your REX textures. It changes the Shadow, Highlight and Fog values in FSX. It does tend to make REX clouds look darker so try using a lighter coloured preset. What it adds to the view of mountains and the fog values is well worth it though.

I have taken a couple of pictures in FSX with and with out shade on for non-users to compare.Picture one is without & picture two is with. To add to the atmosphere it was dusky aswell.Just wanted to add that they ain't turned out aswell as i thought so i'll proberly do some more the quality is quite poor as i only cropped um in paint :)

I have taken a couple of pictures in FSX with and with out shade on for non-users to compare.Picture one is without & picture two is with. To add to the atmosphere it was dusky aswell.Just wanted to add that they ain't turned out aswell as i thought so i'll proberly do some more the quality is quite poor as i only cropped um in paint :)
what "preset" did you use in that example?what Preset you found is the best (your taste of course)?

Joel Strikovsky

what "preset" did you use in that example?what Preset you found is the best (your taste of course)?
Well there are loads i have not tried yet , but i do like Marks final..