Sign in to follow this  
voodoo101

Still no word on the SDK

I noticed the update on the SP1 and the 600/700 however their is still no mention on the progress of the SDK.I am holding back on purchasing the NGX until the SDK is available because I want to get FS2Crew. I know you are working as hard as possible PMDG on this superb piece of programming but can we have an update on the SDK please.

No you can't have the SDK and FS2Crew right now. Sorry! Bye! rolleyes.gif
Sorry but that is simply a very rude answer to a very legit question. To the OP, you can do a search on the forum and you will find there are allready threads about the subject. The SDK is unfortunately not available at the moment and there is no word from PMDG on when it will be out. I also am hoping it will be soon for the same reason you do.

Rude, Just Rude.
I thought Paul was being sarcastic, hence the rolled eyes, not rude.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thanks Kevin. Big%20Grin.gif Actually the Devil made me do it LMAO! Seriously the question been asked so many times this month and was just funny after the last guy threw a fit over FS2Crew and ended up banned. Could not help the smart alec response. My apologies for being so rude. sad.png The polite answer is nobody knows when the SDK is coming out. PMDG was giving us possible release dates on SP1 and the 600/700 expansion pack until a few impatient people got upset and ruined it for the rest of us. So now they are back to the old policy which is not giving out release dates. In other words it will be out when it is ready and that is when you will know the release date. wink.png

I noticed the update on the SP1 and the 600/700 however their is still no mention on the progress of the SDK.I am holding back on purchasing the NGX until the SDK is available because I want to get FS2Crew. I know you are working as hard as possible PMDG on this superb piece of programming but can we have an update on the SDK please.
Dont know why your holding back for you can still fly the ngx without fscrew2, just like me iam waiting for the fscrew2 to come out as well.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I find the reaction of P. Deemer also rude. There is a small minority of people on this forum acting as if they own this forum and like to come down hard on everybody not being part of their club.Far to often, I see users asking a question with their head down and almost apologizing for it. Sad!jos denis

i think Paul was just joking but backfired

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Guys,As the FS2Crew dev, let me add this:Please don't bug PMDG for the SDK. It'll happen when it happens.Don't worry, you'll be getting your FS2Crew soon enough hopefully (and please don't read into that that I have special knowledge on the SDK... with regards to the SDK I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing...)On a side note: Why oh why can't my loyal band of FS2Crew groupies be beautiful 20 year-old college girls instead of a motley crew of balding middle-aged men? Worried.gif Oh, well...

BryanI know until you get your hands on the SDK and see exactly how much it will give you the ability to interact with the sim it's difficult to answer, but do you intend to take advantage of the excellent failures module, and allow for instructions/actions to be given that will allow for us to deal with the various failures, and resultant check lists QRH actions?

Hi James,Once the SDK is out, the plan is just to get the regular FS2Crew NGX version out that models everyday, normal line-flying.That's what most people want. 90 percent of users aren't interested in failures in my view. They just want to go from A to B.However, if the SDK allows for it, I'll probably do a special version for that 10 percent who want non-normals and systems failures modeled.Again, it's all speculative. Everything rides on the SDK.Cheers,

Hi James,Once the SDK is out, the plan is just to get the regular FS2Crew NGX version out that models everyday, normal line-flying.That's what most people want. 90 percent of users aren't interested in failures in my view. They just want to go from A to B.However, if the SDK allows for it, I'll probably do a special version for that 10 percent who want non-normals and systems failures modeled.Again, it's all speculative. Everything rides on the SDK.Cheers,
DEPENDS on what is in the SDK !!! .. and if there is information missing, when there is a SDK SP1 !!!Everyone is pushing for a "SDK", without there being any sort of definition as to what the content of this SDK will be.

True,

DEPENDS on what is in the SDK !!! .. and if there is information missing, when there is a SDK SP1 !!!Everyone is pushing for a "SDK", without there being any sort of definition as to what the content of this SDK will be.
True, but given that PMDG historically does a very, very thorough job at everything it does, there's no reason to believe the SDK will be anything but absolutely thorough and allow for complete, unfettered access to the aircraft.Hope I'm right.