Sign in to follow this  
davierosoft

FS FORCE 2 and sidewinder FF2

Hi!How many of you uses force feedback joystick?How many uses FS Force 2 utility?I found tat this utility add more real feel on the joystick if correctly calibrated for the NGX.I added centering forces also for parked aircraft as it must be, will ask them for some kind of pumps off feature to add more force if could possible.But, it's still fine now ow it works.However I have an issue with the PMDG stab trim (tried only it). When using FSForce trim mode the trim in the aircraft remains as it is, it doesn't move, the only cange is te centering of the joystick.If I use FSX mode I see the trim moving but centering of the joystick will not move.It is possible to add a feature for a moving centering of the elevator? This could include mach trim movement.Or, can be fixed the system to let the trim move with the FSforce mode?

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Force feedback in FSX isn't much use. It only adds a few special effects, some of which are totally unrealistic for airliners (such as the wheel shaking as the aircraft taxis). It won't give you realistic longitudinal trim.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

FsForce solves te problem by changing the centering on the FF joysticks wich uses force feedback as centering mechanism.I found that the defult profiles where useless, but made one myself for the 737 wich add centering and costant forces for aileron, and centering for all speeds and various forces for the elevator.But, on the 737 the mach trim and the trim itself moves the center of the elevator. This movement is simulated with FS force, but, in the NGX I have only elevator centering movement and no trim movement.I think that joystick shaking for taxi is only for the taxi feeling that cannot be simulated on our bottom. :)

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I love FSF, I first got for the VRS F-18 Superbug and my G940 wtich already had good FF hardware within but it was the only way for FF to work with FSX and the VRS F-18.I like it, you can feel the bumps in concert, touchdown and braking effects that are not static, and overall more solid and stronger FF with even effects like gear dropping and also wind hitting the nose gear adding that slight vibration in the stick. That alone is worth something to me.If offers a demo in the SEA area so worth checking out if you have VRS F-18 or a good FF joystick to really make it shine.

Hi!For the 737 You need to create a profile different from the default ones to add the correct forces also with aircraaft parked ;)Do you use FS trim or FS Force trim? The trim wheel is working?

Regards

Andrea Daviero

immaginelmx.pngThis is the best setting for the 737.Use elevator weight "0" for static forces.hope you enjoy them

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Can anyone upload a good profile for NGX?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

That one I posted represent the optimal ones to have a "real" feel as on the real plane, with all the limitations FS give us. All the other settings are to be intended as personal settings (like for ground shake).If needed I can search on my manuals the exact curve for elevator feel force VS speeds.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Ok, just playing with other planes and found that it is normal that the trim is disabled as the program disables the FS trim system.So, FS Force trim system works equal to a trim on GA aircraft.Moving the tab will result in the opposite movement of the control surface. This is good for GA aircrafts, but not for our NGX.I'm discussing this on the FSforce support forum, trying to know if a stab trim feature could be added in future.What I wonder is that:Moving the trim will move FS trim and add a little (maybe 10-20-30%) of centering variation.Maybe done as an option "stab trim" to be added in the profile with limit settings.Without it, for liners that uses stab trim it is better to use FS trim or use sometime the FS trim by pushing SHIFT key that temporarly disable the FS FORCE trim.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

ID=ProfileAileronForcePoints=0,0,0,71,0,71,443,71,447,101ElevatorForcePoints=0,0,0,57,0,57,159,57,340,100ElevatorWeight=10GroundOps=Complex vibsAileronFriction=50AileronDamping=20ElevatorFriction=50ElevatorDamping=20MechanicalCutoff=500LandingTransition=-300LandingHardBase=60LandingMaxForce=-500LandingMinForce=30LandingWingsLevel=5BrakeStrength=100BrakeVibrationPeriod=80BrakeVibrationStrength=17BrakeVibrationDirection=75BrakeVibrationStartRamp=90BrakeVibrationEndRamp=70GearThumpMagnitude=30GearThumpPeriod=350GearBuffetDuration=-1GearBuffetMinForce=5GearBuffetForce=20GearBuffetBasePeriod=140GearBuffetModulatingPeriod=600GroundOpsGain=1.5UseN1=1CorneringMultiplier=20TrimSystem=FSFORCE
These are my settings.I added also the stick shaker values:StallAlphaDelta=6.5StallBuffetMult=2StickShakerMult=2The value for shake activation was obtained by trying some stalls in a clean configuration and with medium weights. I don't know if they are right for each flap setting.This is the closest AOA value that let the FF shake to operate just after the NGX shaker does.The above values goes in the general section of FSforce.cfg file.

Regards

Andrea Daviero