Sign in to follow this  
Darth Mop

Yellow Cockpit lights?

Is it just me or is the yellow cockpit light really missing in the NGX? airliners (DOT) net/photo/El-Al-Israel/Boeing-737-86N/1753605/L/&sid=cf8fad6cd41ae45bb75e658ea8ef0a2b

It is possible to get different lightcolors. There was a thread on the forum some days ago that explained how it is done. Not difficult to find it.

I yellowed mine some.. The mod is in another post.. But I wonder if Iyellowed them enough.. I didn't go too far with it. But it's hard to tell forsure how they actually look from pictures or video and I didn't want tooverdo it. But sometimes I think I might oughta make em a tad bit yellower..Easy to do.. The hard part is knowing exactly how they should lookin real life. I don't trust most cameras.. Many over-saturate, and whitebalance is often an issue.

The cockpit lighting is not yellow and photos DO lie. This picture is obviously taken with auto-white balance. Out the window, everything is too blue and inside the cockpit, everything is too yellow, because the camera has tried to find a middle ground.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_balance

That's also not mentioning the PAPI's whites are also too yellow in the picture, so the picture is clearly off balance.

Kyle Rodgers

Is it just me or is the yellow cockpit light really missing in the NGX?airliners (DOT) net/photo/El-Al-Israel/Boeing-737-86N/1753605/L/&sid=cf8fad6cd41ae45bb75e658ea8ef0a2b
Always wondered why folks never press ENTER after posting a link.If the did, it would work just by clicking the link./ Leffe

Always wondered why folks never press ENTER after posting a link.If the did, it would work just by clicking the link./ Leffe
Not with (DOT) in the URL domain name it wouldn't. Links to some sites are discouraged, so....Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

but how do we change the color, I think yellow is correct
Nameless one, you don't need to change it, yellow is incorrect, as real world NG pilot Fred observed in post #6. Look at other 737NG cockpit photos on that site, you'll see how the colour varies depending on the ambient lighting and colour balance.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Nameless one, you don't need to change it, yellow is incorrect, as real world NG pilot Fred observed in post #6. Look at other 737NG cockpit photos on that site, you'll see how the colour varies depending on the ambient lighting and colour balance.Kevin Hall
That's what I noticed also. The amount of yellow varies all over the mapdepending on how they took the image. Myself, I think the light from thoselamps is more yellow than the white light from the gauges, etc.But.. I was getting the impression that most of the pictures were overdoingit due to over-saturation. I get the impression that the difference wouldbe more akin to comparing the slightly yellow light from a white incandescentbulb, vs the whiter light from a fluorescent bulb. You would see a difference,but not to the point that the light looks strong yellow , like say a yellow coated"bug bulb". What was weird is in one image, you could see the lampsas they were shooting real low. They seemed to alternate pinkish toyellowish, and it didn't seem to be an image fluke, although the colorsthemselves could have been off a tad. Which makes me wonder ifsome are intended to add more yellow light.But being I can't get into one of these at night, or a simulator, I justhave to guess. At this time, I'm still sticking with my very mild yellowingat night until I get better info to go by.. Like seeing one with my own eyes,or if a slew of real world pilots say it needs to be more yellow.So far, none really seem to be claiming that..