Sign in to follow this  
Wendall

I found the COOLEST little PNW airport to land in...

Hi,Is Dewey Moore actually in PNW, or is it in CRM? kinda confusingSilly.gif
According to FS, 'Dewey Moore' is in Idaho and thus not in PNW.

Great find!! Thank You and everyone else in this thread for all the excellent info!Cheers!Big Grin.gif

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

What Orbx has done, is redefined the NW of America. VFR textures are great, but not without autogen. The type of 3d objects included with Orbx is superb. I just downloaded the free city of Portland to go in my PNW. Taking off from PDX and flying low towad the city was un real. Looking down and seeing street lights, every house/building, cars running a long. It actually felt like when you are on short final when going on holiday in real life (vacation).IF, and big if, the entire FSX world one day became the standard set by Orbx, I don't think any other game would come close, ever. The series could end (i know FLIGHT is due next year) but i think everybodies fantasies would be fulfilled. (FSX related of course :) ).

What Orbx has done, is redefined the NW of America. VFR textures are great, but not without autogen. The type of 3d objects included with Orbx is superb. I just downloaded the free city of Portland to go in my PNW. Taking off from PDX and flying low towad the city was un real. Looking down and seeing street lights, every house/building, cars running a long. It actually felt like when you are on short final when going on holiday in real life (vacation).IF, and big if, the entire FSX world one day became the standard set by Orbx, I don't think any other game would come close, ever. The series could end (i know FLIGHT is due next year) but i think everybodies fantasies would be fulfilled. (FSX related of course :) ).
I totally agree with this, I'm just waiting for ORBX to do New England, the MY life will be complete :-)

Friendly bump for this thread incase anybody has any other new ideas. I second KBOI approach over the industrial estate is quality.

Try setting up a quick flight from Diamond Point (2WA1) to Olympic Field's (WA45) water landing...I used the Carenado Bush 185 amphibian and it was an adventure landing on that narrow strip of water!There's also a dock there by the house but i couldn't get lined up with it.

Alexander Alonso

Interesting strip WA45. Although the runway has a pronounced uphill gradient, the adjacent water strip is naturally perfect level :)

Try setting up a quick flight from Diamond Point (2WA1) to Olympic Field's (WA45) water landing...I used the Carenado Bush 185 amphibian and it was an adventure landing on that narrow strip of water!There's also a dock there by the house but i couldn't get lined up with it.
Flew it. Thought the landing was in the lake, but when I saw the airport, I realized I had to get back up. That Approach sure is fun! Just make sure not to be like me and come in a 90 knots!Big Grin.gif

Just purchased 2WA1 so i'll be able to do those flights soon. Just landed in KONO which was a nice approach. Am i right in thinking that these FTX regions don't actually re-texture 100% of the area they are for, just the main areas where little villages/towns etc would be. I only ask because most of my flight in to KONO was just snow textures which looked like UTX/default ones. Only once i got near KONO did i notice the stunning ORBX ones.

Great thread. Thanks for sharing. When my PC is up and running again I'll definitely give this a go. Love PNW scenery, but no flown from this one yet