Sign in to follow this  
Robi77

Problem with ATIS frequency

I parked the MD-11 at London ( Heathrow airport ) and tried to select an ATISfrequency of 121.935 ( according to Navigraph chart )To my surprise I could only obtain 121.925 or 121.950 but not 121.935.Is there a way to fine tune this to 121.935 ?ThanksHerbert Werni

.935 is not a valid aviation radio step. The increments are in 0.025, which is why you only see .025, .05, .075, .1, .125 and so on.

Kyle Rodgers

.935 is not a valid aviation radio step. The increments are in 0.025, which is why you only see .025, .05, .075, .1, .125 and so on.
Does that mean that the frequency provided by Navigraph is wrong ? Or how can I listen to the ATIS121.935 ??Thanks again

Maybe it is a mistake and should be. 121.925 or 121.975. You won't be able to tune 121.935 in an airplane radio unless you build your own. ;)

Well... aerodrome and some STAR charts from Navigraph are truly showing ATIS on 121.935, but actually you have few more frequencies. Find some arrival or departure charts (for example ILS rwy 09R chart).

Namejs, you need to sign your full name in your posts. Beyond that, in general, aviation radios cannot dial anything outside of a 25 kHz width (_._25 on the radio).Some aircraft in the ICAO regions, however, look like they're going to need retrofits to accommodate a third of that bandwidth: 0.00833-> because of frequency congestion. Even so, that would yield a frequency of 121.933(3) or 121.941(6) and then 121.950. It's already a pain to select the frequencies if forced into 25 kHz increments. I don't want to imagine 8.333 kHz selections.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airband#Channel_spacing

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle thank you for reminder, but I have signed my name in all my posts! Not the first time here.. :)

You're welcome, but is Namejs your full name - first and last?
Our country is so small, that we know each others face, and that's why we don't use family names. tongue.png Ok ok, just kidding!But don't worry! If PMDG would ever wish to check if I am their real customer, then it should be no problem, because I am pretty sure they dont have another customer with this name! ;)