Sign in to follow this  
GPreddy

QualityWings 757 and Homemade MCP

Hi all!I recently purchased the qualitywings 757 from the AVSIM store, and, while I am very impressed and pleased with it, I am dissappointed that it does not recognize my homemade hardware. I used Desktop Aviator cards and fsuipc to make a generic mcp for airliner flying, but the only functions that are recognized by the aircraft are speed variation, vs variation, and the master FD and A/T switches. I have searched the forums and found that, while QW doesn't support all fsuipc macros, several users have programmed their hardware using mouse macros.So my question is: how is this done?Thanks in advance!GPreddy

Hi all!I recently purchased the qualitywings 757 from the AVSIM store, and, while I am very impressed and pleased with it, I am dissappointed that it does not recognize my homemade hardware. I used Desktop Aviator cards and fsuipc to make a generic mcp for airliner flying, but the only functions that are recognized by the aircraft are speed variation, vs variation, and the master FD and A/T switches. I have searched the forums and found that, while QW doesn't support all fsuipc macros, several users have programmed their hardware using mouse macros.So my question is: how is this done?Thanks in advance!GPreddy
HelloThis is exactly why the QW757 is no longer on my hard disk, nice aircraft if a bit on the lite side of things but zero hardware support.When I asked about Goflight support in their forum the QW rep had never even heard of Goflight or external hardware.I will still give their upcoming BAe 146 a try but I am not hopeful that the hardware support will have improved.

Deninity start a thread at the QW forum. For me, it is the only problem their 757 and I don't want them to repeat it with the 146 or 787. I don't have Go Flight stuf, just the Saitek TQ. I can't assign those functions either.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

HelloJust a key mapping facility with a simple ini file to edit would be enough for me.Eaglesoft responded by adding this to their CitationX very quickly but QW do not seen to care.I really hope they include this in the 146, this is one aircraft I have waited years for someone to do well but it will be a major disappointment if our only means of interaction is with the mouse.

I dont know about Saitek TQ or Go Flight, but I use the CH TQ and functions are assigned in FSX. I also fly with a couple of people who use the Precision Pro hardware and it works fine, so not sure what the issue is with your setup. One 'trick' I remember is something about switching the cockpit to 'lite', but Im sure there is more info on the QW forum.

Jay

Thanks for all of the quick replies!I would have posted this in the qw support forum, but they have not yet activated my account.I also use a ch products yoke, ch products rudder pedals, and the saitek tq. They all work with the aircraft, so I know that it is not a hardware problem.As far as the key mapping, qw doesn't include any utilities for key mapping. I know that users have gotten their vrinsight products to work with this aircraft using mouse macros. Does anybody know how to do this?

Actually, I think I may have just solved my problem. Since the desktop aviator cards show up as a joystick, I can use the mouse macro mapping function within fsuipc to program the joystick buttons. I can't try it right now, but I will as soon as I can.

I dont know about Saitek TQ or Go Flight, but I use the CH TQ and functions are assigned in FSX. I also fly with a couple of people who use the Precision Pro hardware and it works fine, so not sure what the issue is with your setup. One 'trick' I remember is something about switching the cockpit to 'lite', but Im sure there is more info on the QW forum.
HelloStandard stuff such as throttle quadrants work why wouldn't they?.What we are talking about is that there are no keymapping facilities and that the panel does not fully respond to Fsuipc mouse macrosSo no way to interface external hardware other than to those panel functions that use the default AP code.Switching the panel to lite mode may possibly bring more of the default coding into play and allow more knobs and switches to be mapped.Much better to just fly the NGX or i-Fly both of which work with my Goflight MCP, and are far better products all round.

I still haven't tried the mouse macro approach, but now you all have piqued my curiosity. I've only flown the aircraft once, so I don't know; how do you enter lite mode?

TQ, yoke and a number of functions work fine on the Saitek products. The problem is you can't assign speed, mach, alt, vspeed to any of the rocker switches. In FSUIPC, I have them working with every other aircraft.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I still haven't tried the mouse macro approach, but now you all have piqued my curiosity. I've only flown the aircraft once, so I don't know; how do you enter lite mode?
When you are in the plane, open the QW Control Panel either from the icon (2D) or under the 'Views' menu (VC). At the bottom of the panel you will see the "Panel Mode" option, which is probably defaulted to 'Standard' just click it to 'Lite'.

Jay

When you are in the plane, open the QW Control Panel either from the icon (2D) or under the 'Views' menu (VC). At the bottom of the panel you will see the "Panel Mode" option, which is probably defaulted to 'Standard' just click it to 'Lite'.
I will try this, thanks. Are there any major differences between the standard panel and the lite panel? E.g. unrealistic systems?

I will try this, thanks. Are there any major differences between the standard panel and the lite panel? E.g. unrealistic systems?
To tell you the truth, I'm not really sure what it does. I tested it when experimenting to get 'shared cockpit' working, all I know is it has something to do with the code and how FSX sees it.

Jay