Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

PAA DC-10 by request....

Aharon had requested a PAA DC-10 and all I had was a billboard livery I did long ago...I always liked PAA's classic blue stripe. :)I don't really paint anymore, but on occasion (when the mood hits me), I'll do one on request.Just a few more tweaks and I'll send it to you Aharon.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Brilliant. I didn't know Pan Am ever flew these ?
Thanks!I believe they acquired them when they absorbed National airlines. Google the reg number and you'll find pics of her.I think she looked good in both National and Pam Am colors.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thanks all for the comments guys! I'll upload her if there is enough interest, otherwise I'll just send to those who request it.Hey Ed, my personal all time favorite paintjob/plane is your photo-real AA textures I converted to the LDS 767. :) You so nailed them, and I'm amazed at how great they still look even compared to all the FSX hi-res textures out there!I'm also fond of the POSKY 777 with Tom Collins' AA paint....amazing stuff for freeware and Tom is a master as well.I'm just now started to re-enter the hobby, now that I finally have a computer that can run FS9 effortlessly and hold its own with FSX. I have to say its going to take a while to warm up to FSX, and I have so much catching up to do, hehe. Not sure if I'll hop back into painting as heavily as I did in the past, but its a nice skill to have when I'm looking for a livery that nobody has painted yet.LOL.gifRegards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thanks!I believe they acquired them when they absorbed National airlines. Google the reg number and you'll find pics of her.I think she looked good in both National and Pam Am colors.Regards,Steve Dra
Oh ok, I didn't know that. I actually flew on National Airlines from London to Miami many years ago. Always loved the ' smiley face' logo.

Shalom Steve,Thanks a zillion Thanks a zillion for surprising me with gorgeous PanAm livery with amazing dirt details!!! Please allow me time to fly it and create cool screenshots to thank you. It is my strict policy to create cool screenshots to thank any talented painter who agreed to do me favor or surprised me with gorgeous painted livery that I have been dreaming for long time to have in my hanger!!!Speedbird,,PanAM owned 16 units of DC10-30s. I believe that most of them operated out of KMIA to Caribbean, Europe, and KLAX.Pictures of Pan Am DC10-30s can be found on airliners.net website (I do not know why Avsim forums do not allow hyperlinks)Aharon

Oh ok, I didn't know that. I actually flew on National Airlines from London to Miami many years ago. Always loved the ' smiley face' logo.
I believe Speedbird meant National Airlines' hot stewardesses that National Airlines was famous for.Aharon
I'm also fond of the POSKY 777 with Tom Collins' AA paint....amazing stuff for freeware
Steve,Take a look at my screenshot post called Super Shiny Alaskan Flight. You will like this AA livery better WITH SUPER REALISTIC and SUPER shiny livery. If you like it, I can give you name of painter that you can locate on avsim:):)Aharon

signCopy.jpg

otherwise I'll just send to those who request it.
I would appreciate that livery. Please send me via email address that I have provided to you via PM.Thanks a zillion.Aharon

signCopy.jpg

w00t, great to see a new paint from you bro :)
Thanks Darth. Yeah been a while since I was pumping out a few liveries every week, but over the years since I've created a few one-off requests for folks who email me, mostly on the EMB-120.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve,I don't hang out in the forum as much as I once did. I just happened to drop in today and by chance noticed your post. Great to see you back in action. It sure has been a long time. Welcome back and hope to see you flying again.

Steve,I don't hang out in the forum as much as I once did. I just happened to drop in today and by chance noticed your post. Great to see you back in action. It sure has been a long time. Welcome back and hope to see you flying again.
Hey Jay!Yes way too long away, glad to see you lurk from time to time as well. :) I finally got a laptop that will handle FSX, but to be honest I'm still loving FS9...sooo smooth on this Asus monster! I'll probably get into FSX eventually but need to get all those tweaks in and find a good FSX flight planner (quite hooked on FSnav).Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg