Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Speed restriction in CLB page

Hi, if I try to change the speed restriction on the FMC CLB page, anything I enter I get the message "INVALID ENTRY". Isn't it possible to change that line?Thank you.

James Goggi

enter 250/ on the right side
Why on the right? Isn't it LSK 3L? I enter the format XXX/XXXXX, but I also tried with the 3 digits, considering the flight level, thus XXX/XXX. I always get invalid entry.

James Goggi

Why on the right? Isn't it LSK 3L? I enter the format XXX/XXXXX, but I also tried with the 3 digits, considering the flight level, thus XXX/XXX. I always get invalid entry.
Waypoints on the left, restrictions on the right

Hmm. That should work. Is it currently 250/10000? What are you trying to put in?
Waypoints on the left, restrictions on the right
FMC CLIMB page, not legs restrictions.

Matt Cee

Hmm. That should work. Is it currently 250/10000? What are you trying to put in?FMC CLIMB page, not legs restrictions.
My bad, that's what I get for skimming...

Hmm. That should work. Is it currently 250/10000? What are you trying to put in?
I had a speed restriction of 165 kts during the SID, because there is a sharp turn. So I entered 165/10000, anyway any numbers I try I get the same invalid entry.

James Goggi

I had a speed restriction of 165 kts during the SID, because there is a sharp turn. So I entered 165/10000, anyway any numbers I try I get the same invalid entry.
I believe speed restrictions for SIDs are usually handled by the FMC automatically. If the FMC doesn't give you one, you probably don't need it. I'm not sure, but maybe you can't put a restriction less that F0 maneuvering speed. Try 230/10000. Also, you probably don't want to go all the way to 10000 at 165 unless you're taking of from a very high airport.What SID are you working on?

Matt Cee

You're right, indeed the SID is related to Innsbruck-LOWI, field height 1900 ft. The SID is the ADILO 1J, I have to keep 165 knots while turning to INN. See attached screeshot.

James Goggi

Hi, if I try to change the speed restriction on the FMC CLB page, anything I enter I get the message "INVALID ENTRY". Isn't it possible to change that line?Thank you.
There was an issue with the XXX/ format entry (ie. speed only entry). Think we fixed this by HF4. If not then definitely in SP1.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

You're right, indeed the SID is related to Innsbruck-LOWI, field height 1900 ft. The SID is the ADILO 1J, I have to keep 165 knots while turning to INN. See attached screeshot.
That should show up on the legs page, as well.

Matt Cee

I had a ticket for this issue and it has since been fix with HF4, at least in my setup. Are you running the latest hot fix?