Sign in to follow this  
Fenric

FS Captain 1.3 public beta

FS Captain is holding a public beta test that's open to current and prospective customers. If you're already a Captain and haven't been by the support forum in the past few days, go there.If you don't know what FS Captain is, it's an airline pilot career simulator - No Finance, Just Fly. You can install the current full version in its unlimited PNW-area trial and just add the beta fixpack.Version 1.3 fixes a few bugs and offers more options for some existing features. Now you can let your dispatcher know that you've been given ATC clearance to exceed 250kts below 10000ft if you really need to make it ontime. Or if you're watching the clock eager to make your Gate Time of Departure and you're a PAX or two short of what you're told to expect on your loadsheet, you can signal Dispatch that you're leaving the gate minus a few souls.The ACARS is now compatible with several more complex aircraft - able to read more system values from CaptainSim, Leonardo / Maddog, iFly, PMDG, and SkySimulations models. (With more to come soon.)The newest FS Captain feature is a weather hazard package that simulates the effects of flying in heavy precipitation in turbojets, neglecting to have engine anti-ice on in icing conditions (both can cause engine flameouts), severe turbulence in thunderstorms, and my new favorite... reduced braking on rain / snow contaminated runways and taxiways.This morning I landed a 738 at DEN in heavy snow. Runway braking was reported poor on the ACARS, and my FO cautioned me to review stopping distances and keep an eye on the surface winds. I decided to just land casually - moderate flaps, autobrake one, spoilers armed, dead-on Vapr. (I did leave the engine anti-ice on after having lost an engine on approach just a few days earlier without anti-ice.) We hit the TDZ on 35L and only came to a stop after I had ordered full thrust reversers after an awful lot of not slowing down. We easily ate up over 3000ft more of runway than we normally would have.Hot coffee and a uniform change afterwards made all the difference in the world. wink.png

1.3 beta is fantastic so far. Thoroughly enjoying it.This is a superb program with superb support.

If you still using fspassenger , time to hit delete button, not one update to fspassenger in 3 years.Moved to using Fscaptain a while back, very nice,Fscaptain gives you a real life challenging mission to fly fsx to, fspassenger is more like a toy compared to that.Think ill do some backup and try the beta 1.3.

Wow, the weather hazard package sounds awesome, will download it as soon as possible. Can´t remember being worried about weather since...Flight Unlimited 3?Was very happy with FS Captain before, but it keeps improving. Way to go!