Sign in to follow this  
VOR_Active

default AI Traffic

How can i deactivate the default traffic? i know its a stupid question from a newbie

settings/ai traffic level --> make 0or get a package and have real airlines ie UT2 or the other packages available.....................

For FSX - I can't remember if it is the same in FS9 - FSX up and running, in Windows mode, Top of your screen click on OPTIONS, then SETTINGS, then DISPLAY, then TRAFFIC and move the appropriate slider all the way to the left. There is a slider for AIRLINE, GENERAL, AIRPORT VEHICLES, and several other categories. Click OK and go flying.Hope this helps.

I wanted to install the WoAI packages and to deactivate the default traffic so if i set Traffic to 0 then i wont see any traffic. I thought going to Scenery folder and search for traffic.bgl and change that .bgl extension. At least that's what i was doing in FS9

Correct way that you thought. Find traffic.bgl in your FS root (for fs9; D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryWorldscenery..............traffic030528.bgl) and change it to traffic030528.lbg or as you wish.Thats all.But,default traffic030528.bgl also includes small general aviation AI traffics. So when you OFF default AI traffic,s all GA AI traffic such as C172s,Mooney,C208s, local circuit flights, bizjets will be disappear. We are lucky becouse of WOAI and some of flightplan grups supports bizjets AI traffic (only plans or with additional models) but basic GA planes still doesn't seen.If you wish to see GA traffics but in your manage you can use GA-Traffic program which can be find in avsim. Ga-Traffic is a GA AI traffic manager program and you can decide how much traffic(less or more by percentage) and which plane models flies as randomly.

...FSXSceneryWorldscenerytrafficAircraft.bgl

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I remember a website that had the default GA traffic available as a separate bgl. I'll post the link when I get home unless someone beats me to it.

Alexander Alonso

I really don't know if its change on FSX as "GA" and "Airliners" default traffic bgl. I said that for FS9 ,sorry about that. If there are seperated two or more BGL files in FSX, it is really good idea.

Thank you N60JBravo for the info.I dont believe there is an extra GA default traffic. GA/Airliners, both are on that traffic .bgl file