Sign in to follow this  
ViperXBR

Saitek Trim wheel and the NGX?

Just wondering if anyone with the trim wheel has any issues in the NGX?Just received mine yesterday and I'm getting weird results with this plane (using FSUIPC for calibration exclusively) and only with this plane. Works fantastically with the rest of my fleet!Anyone else?Thx,Todd.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

Just to clarify, it's the new Pro Flight Cessna Trim Wheel.What it does is it turns the NGX trim wheel in only one direction, depending which way I initially start rotating it. So, if I start-up FSX and load the NGX. I then rotate the trim wheel back, it will move back but if I rotate forward afterwards, it will continue to move back.Frustrating all these weird idiosyncrasies with the NGX. I really hope this upcoming SP resolves these issues. I've flown the NGX maybe a half dozen times since it was released because of these weird issues with some of my flight hardware and third party software.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

Hi,I have the same hardware and have not been able to get it to function properly with NGX. Have same problems as ViperXBR. I don't have registered FSUIPC so can't blame that. I have installed saitek driver and calibrated from their control panel but to no avail. Works ok on other addons so guess must be an incompatibility with NGX. Shame, just bought it....and really nice to have such sensitive control for manual flying, which I love to do on occasion.Might have a look on the saitek site see if there is a forum there..?PS: have Sp1 and all looking good apart from above issue so far

try binding the wheel in the FSX settings and not via the Saitek profile.I managed to work everything that way.I don't have the wheel , but I have other saitek stuff that did not work with the profiler but work with FSX settings.another way you could try is via the FMC settings -> control, look there if you see any option to bind a keybord key to a trim wheel,if you can, bind a key to Up and another for DOWN, then in the saitek profile bind the corresponding keys to the UP/DOWN.this might work as well.keep us posted (I also want to get the trim wheel)

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Haven't created a profile for the trim wheel, nor have I for the Saitek pedals and X52 that I use, just use FSX controls settings to bind axis and buttons.All work perfectly well APART from the trim wheel. In the meantime, until I can find an answer, using A and B buttons to control trim. Don't like the idea of using the FMC settings; can't see how this would work at all with a wheel that has a 9 revolution limit...Anyone else?Sim.

Haven't created a profile for the trim wheel, nor have I for the Saitek pedals and X52 that I use, just use FSX controls settings to bind axis and buttons.All work perfectly well APART from the trim wheel. In the meantime, until I can find an answer, using A and B buttons to control trim.Don't like the idea of using the FMC settings; can't see how this would work at all with a wheel that has a 9 revolution limit...Anyone else?Sim.
Same issue, tried FSUIPC with no luck. Works on all other payware and default aircraft I have.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

guys, FSUIP doesn't supposed to be working with NGX as for binding controls.PMDG stated this number of times.you need to look for other means of binding, e.g. via Saitek profiler of directly with FSX settings.

Joel Strikovsky

Hi all, same problem here with Saitek Av8r. Btw I only use FSX control assignments. I have a registered FSUIPC but leave it in basic mode as it can make life complicated, at least for me. On the Saitek, Button 4 gives UP trim on all a/c including the NGX, but Button 2 gives DOWN trim on all a/c BUT the NGX. I.e. I have joystick trim in only on direction on the NGX. There are no clashes in FSX 'Controls' assignments, which won't accept more than one key/button assignment anyway. A clash somewhere in the NGX? I only set trim pre-take-off as per the FMC but hope there's a solution out there somewhere.Oh, and let me add my voice to the shout of praise for the PMDG NGX ...Best,Gareth Wilkinson

Follow up. I cannot command DOWN trim either from my kbd or joystick via FSX settings. UP trim is no problem. I have searched for possible conflicts and drawn a blank. Nothing to do with SAITEK controller. Any comments welcome.Cheers,Gareth

is the saitek wheel , is it recognizes it as 2 buttons (one for up and one for down) or as one button?e.g. if you go into FSX control settings and "Assign a Joystick button" and pick whatever function in the FSX list and try assigna joystick for it, would Up be let's say "button 26" and down "button 27" or they share the same joystick button number , no matter if it's up or down.

Joel Strikovsky

hiya Joel,my Saitket Av8r joystick doesn't have a dedicated trim wheel, I just use buttons 2 and 4 for trim DOWN and UP. If I understand you correctly, I have already tried assigning 2 different keys to command the stabiliser trim but it's the same as if I try the joystick buttons, nothing will operate DOWN trim. I can trim nose UP no problem. And no problem with any other aircraft. Anyway, much as I hate to take up their time I have raised a Ticket with PMDG support. Stabiliser trim is a vital function in flight as any pilot will tell you, and contrary to my earlier comment it is essential on the NGX too for those critical times when you are hand-flying, such as a non-standard approach. I am hopeful for some clues on this anomaly.Regards,GarethBTW, I hope you are both well! Smug.gif

for me it works fine the trim Up & Down using my saitek yoak buttons, that is why I asked if the trim wheel are recognized as two buttons or only one in FSX settings.is "UP" considered Button 15 (e.g.) and "DOWN" considered Button 16? or the wheel movement regardless if it's UP or DOWN both are recognized as Button 15?

Joel Strikovsky

is the saitek wheel , is it recognizes it as 2 buttons (one for up and one for down) or as one button?e.g. if you go into FSX control settings and "Assign a Joystick button" and pick whatever function in the FSX list and try assigna joystick for it, would Up be let's say "button 26" and down "button 27" or they share the same joystick button number , no matter if it's up or down.
The Saitek Pro Cessna Trim Wheel is recognized as an axis, not buttons. I'm still having the issue even after SP1. In the meantime I've configured a toggle switch on my Yoke to adjust the trim.BTW, all other axis' in my setup, Saitek Yoke, Pedals and 2 throttle quadrants work perfectly exclusively through FSUIPC in the NGX.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg