Sign in to follow this  
bakaman

THE ULTIMATE FSX COLLECTION WITH THE NGX

Hi all,I've decided to upload a video dealing with the best paywares that all of us can use with the NGX. I've spent a lot of time and money in order to make my experience as close as possible to the real world operations. I've seen a lot of people asking about this in this forum. So i hope you guys can take 30min of your time and watch this. Hope this will help you a little bit. And if you got any questions about anything, feel free to contact me via you tube or here (PM/topic), i'll be delighted to provide you some more infos.Kaman BAWish you a good day !http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiZ7VNuH76g&feature=feedu

Wow dude, you must have spent a fortune man! How long does it take for your FSX to load?

Chris Howard

Wow dude, you must have spent a fortune man! How long does it take for your FSX to load?
hahaha! 60s. just did it

Thats impresive! I wish i had your collectionApplause.gif

Chris Howard

Thats impresive! I wish i had your collectionApplause.gif
you can, you can start with all the freeware sceneries i have listed.

Thanks KamanYou have found some great scenery that I didn't know about.

Thanks KamanYou have found some great scenery that I didn't know about.
You're welcome! i did my best to be able to share this with you all. it took me one year.Kaman

It is not as bad as you think. My FSX Drive with all my FSX related addon is up to 123 gigabyte so far. i have FSX on a dedicated 2nd Gen Western Digital 7200rpm Sata Drive.I just timed it and it takes 40 seconds to get from the Desktop to FSX, and 50 seconds to get from selecting a plane to the Airport Departure gate.Having an optimized, defragged, dedicated hard drive just for FSX is just as important as your CPU and GPU and Memory. Everything matters when it comes to FSX., However never put FSX on motherboard Raid. It will actually be worse than a single drive, unless you use a dedicated Raid Card with its own onboard memory. Best Drive for FSX is in a single Drive configuration is a 10,000 rpm VelociRaptor or an SSD.

It is not as bad as you think. My FSX Drive with all my FSX related addon is up to 123 gigabyte so far. i have FSX on a dedicated 2nd Gen Western Digital 7200rpm Sata Drive.I just timed it and it takes 40 seconds to get from the Desktop to FSX, and 50 seconds to get from selecting a plane to the Airport Departure gate.Having an optimized, defragged, dedicated hard drive just for FSX is just as important as your CPU and GPU and Memory. Everything matters when it comes to FSX., However never put FSX on motherboard Raid. It will actually be worse than a single drive, unless you use a dedicated Raid Card with its own onboard memory. Best Drive for FSX is in a single Drive configuration is a 10,000 rpm VelociRaptor or an SSD.
interesting!

Cheers Paul, i might invest in a new drive dedicated to Fsx, although i dont have any problems at the minute i supose over time, adding scenery, aircraft, and non related FS progs time will take its toll and clog my hdd and slow things down.

Chris Howard

Great Video, But you MUST be rich or a pirate. I think i have around 20% of the sceneries you have and i think that is much.But you are missing Copenhagen - Kastrup Airport from Scamsim it's very nice and i have high frames with it.

You just gave me some ideas on what scenery to get this weekend :) and I also might invest in a new HDD dedicated for FSX since my main one has only 432GB left.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I installed FSX on it's own raptor after reading the 'About Storage Performance' section in this guide:http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.htmlIt's interesting to note that Raid 0 configurations using motherboard RAID controllers actually cause a loss of performance in FSX because of the extra RAID calculations performed by the CPU. Dedicated (and expensive) RAID controllers have their own CPU.To the OP, that's an amazing list - heading over to AVSIM library now :)

Great Video, But you MUST be rich or a pirate. I think i have around 20% of the sceneries you have and i think that is much.But you are missing Copenhagen - Kastrup Airport from Scamsim it's very nice and i have high frames with it.
Hi, very funny!!! No sir i can assume you that every single thing that i have, i bought it, because i love this sim thing, i want the companies to continue producing great sceneries, tools and aircrafts. i've never done something illegal just ask PMDG: sure they got 4 valid licenses under my name.Concerning Copenhaguen: i know the scenery but don't really like it and it seems that aerosoft is working on it.cheers
You just gave me some ideas on what scenery to get this weekend :) and I also might invest in a new HDD dedicated for FSX since my main one has only 432GB left.
Glad i could help.

From my experience scenery has never been a factor in FSX start times, it's aircraft that bog it down. Whether I have a default FSX or one with 400+ entries in the scenery.cfg it starts within a couple seconds of each other.Now when I enable my AI with close to 20,000 different A/C is when my start time goes from 40-45 seconds to 3-5 minutes.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS