Sign in to follow this  
bakaman

THE ULTIMATE FSX COLLECTION WITH THE NGX

From my experience scenery has never been a factor in FSX start times, it's aircraft that bog it down. Whether I have a default FSX or one with 400+ entries in the scenery.cfg it starts within a couple seconds of each other.Now when I enable my AI with close to 20,000 different A/C is when my start time goes from 40-45 seconds to 3-5 minutes.
That's correct. The only thing slowing down my fsx start up is UT2. Two days ago i deleted all the aircraft that i had. Now i only have the NGX in my fsx. Start up is now pretty fast

It's interesting to note that Raid 0 configurations using motherboard RAID controllers actually cause a loss of performance in FSX because of the extra RAID calculations performed by the CPU. Dedicated (and expensive) RAID controllers have their own CPU.
All the above is true. You can actually tell the difference with Autogen. If your using Motherboard Raid and start maxing out the Autogen it will start to stutter the more you increase it. The other bad thing about motherboard raid is the limits on the stripe size ie 128k. If only using 2 Hard drives in Raid this would not be enough. On dedicated Network Cards with their own CPU, Memory etc they have larger sizes available.My Next FSX drive will probably be a 10,000 rpm VelociRaptor with 32mb cache.

All the above is true. You can actually tell the difference with Autogen. If your using Motherboard Raid and start maxing out the Autogen it will start to stutter the more you increase it. The other bad thing about motherboard raid is the limits on the stripe size ie 128k. If only using 2 Hard drives in Raid this would not be enough. On dedicated Network Cards with their own CPU, Memory etc they have larger sizes available.My Next FSX drive will probably be a 10,000 rpm VelociRaptor with 32mb cache.
Mine will probably be a ssd intel 510 series or OCZ ...

Impressive indeed.But what are your favorite ones?Can't afford half the scenery you have but will spend enough to make it better than it is. Could you make a list of your "best " add-ons you think us poor folks would enjoy?

Kaman,Thanks for this. I learned about some companies I had not known. I've already bought QUITO from your recommendation. This gives me many hours of something to do.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Impressive indeed.But what are your favorite ones?Can't afford half the scenery you have but will spend enough to make it better than it is. Could you make a list of your "best " add-ons you think us poor folks would enjoy?
just give me 1 hour, ill be back , just landing at eddh in ivao ryr 105 hihi!!!
Kaman,Thanks for this. I learned about some companies I had not known. I've already bought QUITO from your recommendation. This gives me many hours of something to do.
you're welcome

Thx Kaman!That was a lot of scenery!Unfortunally I have like that, because they are for FS9sad.pngJust recently began to collect and buy for FSX, since I just got FSX for some months ago.I guess when one have spent 100 and 100 of $, then it´s time to scrap FSX also...TO BAD REALLY it always have to be like that. Sick.gif/ Leffe

That is really quite a collection. Impressive.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Now we are talking about hard drives, it make sense that i install Windows 7 on a 500 GB 7200 Rpm hard disk and FSX on a SSD?Will i take advantage of the speed of the SSD for loading times on FSX?

Now lets talk about my favorites, given that some of you asked about it:You guys already know the top 6FSDream team, Aerosoft, ORBX, Latin VFR, Flytampa and UK2000.This being said, there are a tons of other payware that are really really good that you guys don't know about: i can tell by the posts right above.I really love quito(boris ferrero), Nairobi(orientalsim), Bergen(cloud9), Samui(AA Scenery), Luxembourg (aerosoft), Anchorage(aerosoft), Tel aviv(aerosoft), Budapest(Aerosoft), Roissy(aerosoft), IcelandX+Keflavik(aerosoft), Gibraltar(aerosoft), Larnaca(aerosoft), Kos+Santorini(aerosoft), Weeze(aerosoft), Polish airports vol1+2, Fly tampa Buffalo, Boston, Athens, Midway, Vienna, All FSdreamteam's, Canary islands(Fssimvfr), Godzone Vector landclass+ Roturoa+tauranga+Auckland+Wellington.All Latin VFR (but my favorite is MROC San jose+ Cuzco), Karachi+Islamabad (MSKproduction). All Pacific islands sceneries. Tropicalsim Leida Algueire+Azores,+ABC islands+antigua+Panama city.If you guys have some questions about a specific scenery, feel free to contact me.Kaman

Now we are talking about hard drives, it make sense that i install Windows 7 on a 500 GB 7200 Rpm hard disk and FSX on a SSD? Will i take advantage of the speed of the SSD for loading times on FSX?
definitely!!

Yeah i thought that to. But 15 min into the video i just thinked. He can't have bought all these sceneries. Then i heard: I live in luxembourg. And it isn't a lie when i say: If you live in luxembourg then you HAVE to be rich. Or famous :-D

Yeah i thought that to. But 15 min into the video i just thinked. He can't have bought all these sceneries. Then i heard: I live in luxembourg. And it isn't a lie when i say: If you live in luxembourg then you HAVE to be rich. Or famous :-D
that's a VERY good one! Indeed i live here in Luxembourg and i'm well paid (not much). Actually i'm working in order to complete my studies (pilot student) in Canada. I should leave by the end of the year, or early 2012. I've invested a lot of money in this sim thing because when i come back home i don't have nothing else to do except turning my pc on and start a flight. And aviation is all my life. Furthermore i know you were kidding me but if any of the representer of one of the companies i've listed reads this i'm sure he knows me. All i have, i've paid for it: Why piracy when you can afford these things.

Now lets talk about my favorites, given that some of you asked about it:You guys already know the top 6FSDream team, Aerosoft, ORBX, Latin VFR, Flytampa and UK2000.This being said, there are a tons of other payware that are really really good that you guys don't know about: i can tell by the posts right above.I really love quito(boris ferrero), Nairobi(orientalsim), Bergen(cloud9), Samui(AA Scenery), Luxembourg (aerosoft), Anchorage(aerosoft), Tel aviv(aerosoft), Budapest(Aerosoft), Roissy(aerosoft), IcelandX+Keflavik(aerosoft), Gibraltar(aerosoft), Larnaca(aerosoft), Kos+Santorini(aerosoft), Weeze(aerosoft), Polish airports vol1+2, Fly tampa Buffalo, Boston, Athens, Midway, Vienna, All FSdreamteam's, Canary islands(Fssimvfr), Godzone Vector landclass+ Roturoa+tauranga+Auckland+Wellington.All Latin VFR (but my favorite is MROC San jose+ Cuzco), Karachi+Islamabad (MSKproduction). All Pacific islands sceneries. Tropicalsim Leida Algueire+Azores,+ABC islands+antigua+Panama city.If you guys have some questions about a specific scenery, feel free to contact me.Kamandefinitely!!
Thank you...I have alot of work to do!Raised Eyebrow.gif Is there any "conflict" between all/any of there add-ons? Also I have REX ,UTX and GEX and I'm getting hits on my frame rates as it is now, how are you doing in that category?

Luxembourg is the country with the largest GPD (Most money per capital)Year it was ment as a joke.But common you most have spend 20000 $ or something like that.

Thank you...I have alot of work to do!Raised%20Eyebrow.gif Is there any "conflict" between all/any of there add-ons? Also I have REX ,UTX and GEX and I'm getting hits on my frame rates as it is now, how are you doing in that category?
The only conflict that i have noticed was between Scenery box "France business class" and nice aerosoft V2 otherwise i never had any conflict between 2 different add-on. I do not have UTX, just GEX. on the defaults airports my frames easily hit 130-140 fps: lowest being 100.with the NGX i have for instance 30-40fps at lisbon, 28-30 at eddy where i just landed....Hope this help