Sign in to follow this  
onerepublic

Which B777 should I buy?

Hello hello fellow Captains !I was wondering on which B777 I should get?Sorry if this topic has already been discussed, didnt find it.Thanks in advance,

Hi ,thanks I was looking into this, and since many people say the pss is better than the wilco I will give this one a go. Which model do you use and how does the merge work?Thanks alot ,

Posky has the best visual, FDE, VC, model around. It's actually payware quality, the only thing missing is the avionics package which like others said here you can merge with PSS's offering. I was like you about Posky's version until I installed it. It has air stairs, loading trucks, and other visual candies I didn't know was there. Speaking of visuals all other offerings are off in some forum or another. The PSS model is not remotely realistic both in the VC and the external model. Wilco is the same way. There's only one option for the combination of flight dynamics and looks both inside and out, Posky... Merge the PSS options and it's all but perfect. Some people around here have spent considerable time making the merge work.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Merge the PSS options and it's all but perfect.
OK, Les, but only for the visual effect. If you want a fully functional/clickable virtual cockpit, which I guess most people are for, you need to stay with the original PSS (which I do when I use 777).The PSS VC visual quality may be significantly improved by a texture replacement described in another post.I wanted to say it to make things clear from my point of view.

Hi guys,Well I have tryed the posky merge but it seems that I cant get the autopilot nor a ILS landing without the aircraft pulling up/ down etc. Is it only me? Maybe I should just stay with the original PSS ?Thanks alot for all your help so far.

.............. The PSS model is not remotely realistic both in the VC and the external model. Wilco is the same way. There's only one option for the combination of flight dynamics and looks both inside and out, Posky... Merge the PSS options and it's all but perfect. Some people around here have spent considerable time making the merge work.
That's a little too harsh, I find the PSS VC (with the texture upgrade, that Rafal's mentioned) better than the POSKY one and the external model is not that bad really. I've tried the merges with POSKY and in the end have been happy to continue using just the PSS 777. Apart from additional external eye candy the merge doesn't do much for me - This is just my view on things, there are many who prefer the POSKY/PSS 777 merge.Also its worth mentioning that in many of the POSKY/PSS merges the user looses the complex and clickable VC offered by the PSS model.I tend to agree with Rafal on this.

I've tried the PSS merge with with the Posky model, but lately I really enjoy the standalone PSS with the upgraded VC textures and some of the more recent repaints available, which help the external model's appearance greatly.

John G.

I've tried the PSS merge with with the Posky model, but lately I really enjoy the standalone PSS with the upgraded VC textures and some of the more recent repaints available, which help the external model's appearance greatly.
Agreed!

Same here, as a vc only flyer who values function over looks, it's no choice really. Stock PSS all the way except with the vc texture upgrade - logged many long flights, smooth and uneventful just the way it should be.

Regards,

Mark

For the record I've logged many hours as well with the PSS model but since I'm limited on time these days the Posky model works best with 16x acceleration (only 8x possible with the PSS model). After spending some time in the real 777 cockpit I really appreciate the Posky VC over any other offering currently available for FS9 depicting the 777.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2