Sign in to follow this  
toby23

Take On Helicopters Released!

simware is trying to deny issuing me a refund... Currently having out of memory issues with thegame on a win 7 machine with 6gigs of ram and steady frames.-Damien
So you're immediately requesting a refund and it has just been released?.... You'll get no sympathy from me.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Yes, I'm not a fan of pre ordering a game and on release day it not being available to download. 36 hours later it was still not available. It had a "files are being downloaded and will be available in a few hours" note on their website for at least 36 hours before I emailed them asking for a refund. steam had the software ready for download in the first few hours after release, not 2 days later. I am not the only one ###### about the lack of speed.. there are others not to happy about simware taking their sweet time to release the files. I know I'm not the only one who requested a refund from the distributor.I don't need your sympathy.-DamienOh yeah, let me add that I went and purchased it on steam.. Love the game, didn't download it from simware. -Damien

Toby 23,Great review. Very inclusive. I think I'll wait on that program. I really appreciate your input.Stan

Having spent many hours in Operation Flashpoint, Armed Assault and later ArmA II, this seems to be on par with how BIS do things. They release an unfinished game, knowing the community will embrace it, mod it and essentially finish their job. While mods certainly have their merits--I know of some highly professional mods that put the developer to shame--the product should be sufficiently finished to avoid huge amounts of patches. But as with all their other offerings, this is how it'll be. I'm sure many people will buy this and I truly hope it helps BIS out financially, so they may be able to spend more time on ArmA III to ensure it comes out in better shape, with a new engine and perhaps better physics.Thank you for your review, it was very thorough and much appreciated, as I'll save my cash for now.