Sign in to follow this  

How to save entrees on the "FIX"-Page

Hi there!My problem (couldnt find anything with the search function): I have created a flightplan in the FMS and I would like to store also the data from the FIX page, like KLAX + some radials)- but I does not store that data...Any solutions?Many thanks!

You can create custom waypoints, have a look at the FMS Guide, Advanced Flight Planning section. For example, it teaches about Place/Bearing/Distance waypoints. If you wanted to create a waypoint 20nm out on the 090 radial of the LAX,VOR, type LAX/090/20 and click the LSK where you want it. Is that what you mean?

Steve Caffey

Hi Steve, thanks for your answer!But that is not what I want to do: I just want to make an entree on the fix page and this should be saved to the flightplan as well as all other data from the FMS- thats all.RGDS.

The data on the fix page are not saved in the panel state files (at least in the FS9 version).RegardsMichael

M. Wiendl

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hi Paul: to you it is not meaningful- ok.To me it is! Especially in a simulator it makes a lot of sense, since repeating + training is a main application of a SIM.Why would you judge something, which you might not understand?It would just save time for certain setups (i.e. special EOSID)- and it costs just a few bytes.

Hi Paul: to you it is not meaningful- ok.To me it is! Especially in a simulator it makes a lot of sense, since repeating + training is a main application of a SIM.Why would you judge something, which you might not understand?It would just save time for certain setups (i.e. special EOSID)- and it costs just a few bytes.
I did not say "Not meaningful to me". Think for a few minutes about what information is generated on the FIX page and what it is used for. If you use the FIX page to calculate a waypoint which you use in a flight plan, that waypoint is meaningful and is saved as part of the plan, but the state of the FIX page itself is transitory.