Sign in to follow this  
benhen

Engine Failure

I could use some help. When I am climbing to alt. in the 800-NGX winglets, both engines cut out, fuel flow goes to zero, N1 and N2 start spooling down, the EGT starts to decrese and I get an "ENG Failure" notice over the EGT display. After several seconds, the engines start up and run normally again. This whole process will then start all over again in ten to fifteen mins. later, and keeps happening until I end the flight (most anoying on final). Any ideas why this is happening, and is there anything I can do to fix it? I have reinstalled the NGX twice and have the same problem. I did run a search on the forum but found nothing close to my problem discussed. Thanks for any help/suggestions.Ed Henry Intel core i7 930 @2.80 GHz 3.14GHz6 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce GTX 470.0Windows 7 64

here is a couple of screen shots i took during the engine cutout.My bad, forgot to sign my last post.Ed Henry

Looks like the start switches are still in CONT, maybe switching those to OFF will resolve it?

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

Looks like the start switches are still in CONT, maybe switching those to OFF will resolve it?
I don't think so. The normal procedure is leave it in CONT until the AFTER TAKEOFF check list.I notice also that the Engine Anti-Ice is on and you don't need on cruise.And also the center fuel pump are off when there's still fuel on the tanks.But i don't think that's the problem

I noticed your speed is up at max, would the engines stall from overspeed maybe? Probably not, but just tossing out another suggestion.

I have checked to see if any failures showed in both the FMC as well as FSX, and I've never found any in either place. Also, the failure seems to happen reguardless of where the start switches are(CONT or FLT). Rick, I'll try reducing speed on my next flight, but I think your correct that this isn't the problem.

I have checked to see if any failures showed in both the FMC as well as FSX, and I've never found any in either place. Also, the failure seems to happen reguardless of where the start switches are(CONT or FLT). Rick, I'll try reducing speed on my next flight, but I think your correct that this isn't the problem.
Do you have a throttle quadrant?I do, and one problem i had was that i used to map the third handle to the mixture under FSX axes, and it happened that the spikes on that axis made the ngx engines shut down. I just remove the mapping and the problem was off.

CONT is useless in flight simulator (if pmdg does not simulate turbulence and possible inflight shut down), the CONT position simply let the sparks to operate continously to prevent a light off that results in an engine shut down.FLT is the position for inflight restart (windmilling), so also this is not a problem in this situation.All the things seems to be fine, you are using however packs on HIGH, antiice, center pumps off while there is a lot of fuel but nothing take part in the problem.Are you able to restart the engines?I think Matias pointed in a right direction as it could be related to a controller mapping fault.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I tried the suggestion from Matias and that seemed to fix the problem. Thanks for all the feeback and ideas!Ed Henry